Tin Star Eng Subs 3-10 are bad

famousredhead

Hi there!  I hate writing this because I love this sight.  I was very appreciative that you uploaded Tin Start 1-10 eng subs.  I uploaded Eps 1 & 2 and were perfectly synced, 3-10 were horrible, but I tried fixing Ep3 and it took me 45 min.

Like I said I hate to write this because I think this site is awesome and the Uploads are mostly right on.  But these Eps are really off.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my downloaded video, but I can't use what is currently listed. 

Anyone else uploading more Eng subs?  Honeybunny?  KingLouis?  Your subs are ALWAYS right on!

Thanks.

Hi there!  I hate writing this because I love this sight.  I was very appreciative that you uploaded Tin Start 1-10 eng subs.  I uploaded Eps 1 & 2 and were perfectly synced, 3-10 were horrible, but I tried fixing Ep3 and it took me 45 min.

Like I said I hate to write this because I think this site is awesome and the Uploads are mostly right on.  But these Eps are really off.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my downloaded video, but I can't use what is currently listed. 

Anyone else uploading more Eng subs?  Honeybunny?  KingLouis?  Your subs are ALWAYS right on!

Thanks.

​Hi, @famousredhead.

Are you sure you have the right video version? Maybe you have WEB-DL-DeDaz?

Subs for episode 3 are for MTB videos.

And given MTB has a different framerate, it can only be a nightmare if you're not aware of that and try resyncing.

Episodes 4-10 are for STRiFE versions, which is clearly stated on the episodes pages, and are not compatible with WEB-DL-DeDaz.

You're the first complaint in thousands of downloads, and I watched some myself. So maybe, just maybe, the problem may be on your end :)

Very well could be.  I redownloaded  ep 10 video that was posted by Dedaz and it worked with Dedaz.  I didn't know about MTB being English.  Good info to have.  I always do the video download first and then the subs.  I'll do it in reverse and try to find the videos that match the subs name although sometimes, that is not easy to do, but I will try it.  Like I said I hated to write the email as I love this site.

Thanks Kinglouis for the tip!

I always do the video download first and then the subs.  I'll do it in reverse and try to find the videos that match the subs name although sometimes, that is not easy to do, but I will try it.

​I understand that you download the video first because it shows up before the subs do, but subs are not universal. They are attached to a specific video version.

A sub can happen to work with several video versions, but more often than not a resync of the sub will be needed. It would be too easy otherwise :D

• Like 1

I can confirm that you might have the wrong video because I watched them myself (STRiFE videos with STRiFE subs) and it all worked perfectly. ;) 

• Like 1

Emeline, can I bother you for 1 more thing?  Where can I find the STRiFE videos for Eps 4-9?  I've been looking on all my usual download sites and have been clicking on just about every link from about a 1/2 dozen download sites and I CANNOT find a STRiFE version for those eps.  Where did you find them?

I've been downloading and syncing for 5 yrs. now and hardly have ever had problems like this. And I'm going on day 2 now on this series.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Hi emeline-whovian,

I noted your comments to "famous redhead' re downloading Tin Star Episodes - I have episodes  1 - 4 but my usual site has all episodes up to number 10. However they are very large files (GB's) . Do you have any alternative sites for these episodes. Don't worry if you don't as quite happy to wait as the smaller files sizes will become available in the near future.

Thank you

Dear emeline-whovian, i'm also interested in the links for Tin Star episodes 5 to 10, for the same reasons as rafaspringer... I would really appreciate it if you could also send me the links! Thanks a lot!

@rafaspringer I've sent you a PM a couple days ago, it seems you have not read it (if you're still interested).

​Thanks for your reply - I use a second account so I must have missed your PM. Will give it a tryT

Thank you again