Great Canal Journeys

sunblues

The subtitles I found were totally wrong so still looking

​You don't say which version you have. The length of the program and timing is often very different between versions, such as Plutonium and MeGusta for example.

And when you say "wrong", do you mean not for the S10 episodes, or wrong sync?

• Like 1

Hi Pindiu. The versions don't matter because in the VLC player you can easily sync any subtitle to the version you have so I'm just happy to find any subtitle. The subtitle I found that turned out to be wrong was a TVC version, it had embedded subtitles but it turned out to be from a totally different show. Plutonium's version also has embedded subtitles but VLC can't read them and extracting them doesn't work either. Seems to be an error.

There seems to be some general confusion over which series is which. There is a S10E01 released in Oct 2018, which is about the river Nile. And another S10E01 released only a couple of days ago, which is based in Asia.

The recent SD Plutonium S10E01 I downloaded, neither claimed to, nor had any subs.

The GTi offering from Oct 2018 does contain subs, but is the Nile episode, which is called S09E01 in other places including IMDB.

There is this: Great Canal Journeys S10E01 Asian Odyssey 1080p HDTV H264-PLUTONiUM (released a couple of days ago) which does claim to have subs, but at nearly 2 Gb, I'm not prepared to download it to find out. I'm currently on a ridiculously slow connection.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for your time and effort, Pindiu! According to Channel 4's website the latest episode in Asia is S10E01 so that should be the correct number. And it's the 1080p 2 GB Plutonium release that has subs but neither VLC or VideoProc which I use to extract subtitles can read them, there's an error message in both.

Most welcome, very glad to be able to assist.

I was able to get a hold of the raw subs, then synced and corrected them to fit the SD Plutonium file I had downloaded. They needed a lot of attention, many wrong or completely missing words.

Did it sync properly with the HD Plutonium file? Or did you need to tweak it? If it did sync, I can show that in the specs for the subs.

• Like 1

It syncs perfectly with both the HD Plutonium and the TVC version. Thank you so much for all your work, it's been so kind of you! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Episode 3 of season 10 of Great Canal Journeys was released last week.  I read where it may be the last episode ever, unfortunately.  Has anyone been able to find the subs for it?  Thanks very much!

Episode 3 of season 10 of Great Canal Journeys was released last week.  I read where it may be the last episode ever, unfortunately.  Has anyone been able to find the subs for it?  Thanks very much!

​I'll get this done in the next day or so.
Very sad that Pru has deteriorated so much now. I gather from this article​ that there will be a final episode next week:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/21/great-canal-journeys-timothy-west-prunella-scales-narrowboat

"There’s another new episode next week, but it’s even more heavily based on old clips, with the linking scenes showing Tim taking care of Pru at home rather than judging tight turns and ratcheting locks."

Thanks very much for the information Pindiu, and also for for the previous subs you have posted.  Yes, my wife and I are sad that Pru's condition is such that they will not be able to carry on.  We like this series so much that we have visited some of the canals featured on the show when we vacation in the UK.  (We live in San Diego, CA.)

• 3 weeks later...