The War Of The Worlds

Phantom_sub

@Phantom_sub   Look, I'll show you (because I'm interested in this show as well, so maybe you'll get an answer)

Hello there,

I wondered if you have, or if you're planning to do subs for The War of the Worlds (British series that aired a few days ago, I think). I'd really appreciate.

Thanks for telling, and thanks for all your great work, anyway.

(optional) Have a great day!

[PS. I'm also interested in another (Belgian ??) series called War of the Words that will start end of the month. Same question as above ;) -bird ]

• Like 7

@phantom

Right. And if you can't even express basic politeness manners, that's our fault right? Why should anyone bother answering you.

Is it really that hard to start a message with "Hi" and include a "please"? We're not machines, we're human beings!

Edited by chamallow
  • Like 4

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

Hi bird, thanks for your message :)

We don't have any plans on doing the UK show. We'll see if we can upload raw captions though if no one can provide them.

As for the Belgian one, (Belgian, are you sure? Not Canal+?) if they broadcast it only in their country, there likely won't be any subs unless it's picked up by an international channel.

• Like 2

--

Aw. Okay. Thanks. Raw caption would be great - if and when anyone has them.

I checked, and for the latter wiki says USA, and France, (Belgium is only a filming location, sorry) so canal+ and Fox, so there still is a chance for this one, right ? :)

• Like 1

I requested the sub for translation. I want to translate it... In my opinion, you did not express that politeness talking with me in that manner, atacking me... Have a nice day.

Hi. Maybe I want to translate them too. Whatever I do with the subs, even if I didn't need it (so badly, in fact ;) ) myself but wanted it only to help yet again someone else, the person providing it for me would still have some work to do, or not? For free, just coz I and maybe some others are interested... You asked first. Asking is ok but in my opinion it is you who has to be nice (basic politeness do the job usually, too) first. And then, usually, you get a nice answer too. Nice words are nice, as simple as that. They can brighten your day - even just a tiny little bit. I say I take it. So I say hi, please, and so on. And I get something back. It's only natural. Human.

Thanks. You too.

• Like 1

@phantom And how does that excuse from being polite? I guess we live in very different worlds, and I certainly don't want to be a part of yours.

@bird: No guarantee since there doesn't seem to be an airdate for the USA, only for Europe and Africa so far. And if it's only on Canal+, subtitles aren't always included. We'll have to wait and see about a possible US airing. Cheers

• Like 2

--

We don't have any plans on doing the UK show. We'll see if we can upload raw captions though if no one can provide them.

It would be nice if you can do this. Thanks.

• Like 1

It has only been broadcast in New Zealand so far, we'll see what we can do when it airs on another channel.

As for the other French/US version, if C+ broadcasts it, if they don't dub it, they'll hardcode the translations, so we'll just need to take the videos with hardcoded subs. ;) 

• Like 3

Ep1 is available now in "TVNZ on Demand" but I can't avoid geolocation block to check if CC are available even with my VPN and SmartDNS.

We need some kiwi people to check this and rip them if subtitles are available.