Requesting English subs for Upright (2019)

seenitall86

Hi,

The new series Upright starring Tim Minchin is available on Sky Atlantic in the UK, and on Foxtel in Australia. Does anyone have access to the English subtitles? Thanks in advance :)

• Like 4

Hello fellow addic7s. This is a fun series.

So here you have the subs for the first episode, warm and fresh out of the press.

There are some missing words, marked with ***, it would be great if someone could help complete them. And it's Laughlin or Lachlan?

Also, as I'm a newbie and this is my first sync, I would really appreciate some tips from the veteran syncers, if they see any points needing improvement.

Cheers!

EDIT: See below

• Like 3

Hi somejohn.

I've taken your sub file, added the missing text, made other corrections and additions, and attached the result below. I'm also a newbie, so I haven't messed with any of the timing, but take a look and see what you think! Happy to help with subs for the other episodes.

• Like 5

​Hi,

I've taken your sub file, added the missing text, made other corrections and additions, and attached the result below. I'm also a newbie, so I haven't messed with any of the timing, but take a look and see what you think! Happy to help with subs for the other episodes.

​Hi,

thanks, I'll review later and post back.
The transcript for ep. 2 is mostly ready, I'll start with the sync soon.

• Like 1

The transcript for ep. 2 is mostly ready, I'll start with the sync soon.

​I was half way through ep. 2 myself, but there's no point in duplicating effort, so I've stopped work on that and moved to ep. 8 to avoid any conflict, and I'll meet you in the middle.

From your transcription, it looks like you're listening with the ears of an American, so it'll be interesting to compare yours with mine. I have a 4k UHD reference for all episodes, which helps with improved sound clarity and lip-reading verification.

• Like 2

​Thanks for episode 8, Infidel. Apparently somejohn's busy, can you work on episode 2, please?

​Sure, no problem.

In the meantime. here's episode 7:

• Like 3

Hey there, I just wanted to say thanks very much to Infidel, somejohn, and chamallow for all their hard work on this series so far!

• Like 1

Here's #4, which involved researching Western Australian indie bands, and #5 has a list of Southern Australian Aboriginal place names. Tim doesn't like to make it easy for us. Enjoy!

• Like 5