Malware/bug On Main Addic7Ed Web Site?

dcdah

Since yesterday (about the same time that Honeybunny announced the strike) every time I go to the main site (with either Firefox 3.6.12 or IE 8) I am redirected to a spam site and the only way to get away from it is to close my browser.

This was the same sort of problem that I was having a while back before Google started blocking the site but worse! I noticed another user reporting the same thing (in the "Subtitles Stopped" thread)

So... just in case it got overlooked I thought that I should post a new thread so that Alex/Honeybunny/whoever could take a look.

Appreciate you all.

• Like 1

I have both FFx an IE8 browsers, right now I'm with both opened but nothing like you said it is happened.
And my FFx is strongly personalized against that king of threads that you said about.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

The same as Dr. Jackson here. Any problem with FF and Adblock+ enabled or disabled.

Good to know, thank you!

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Sorry Alex... I am at the office and don't have snag it or any other screen capture available. With IE8 I get routed to hxxp://gotof.com/roadblock.php.

Taking the advice of mgilmu I found and added adblock+ and no problem with FF which is my default browser.

Still being rerouted with IE but I don't care!!

Thank You mgilmu!!!

Sorry Alex... I am at the office and don't have snag it or any other screen capture available. With IE8 I get routed to hxxp://gotof.com/roadblock.php.

Taking the advice of mgilmu I found and added adblock+ and no problem with FF which is my default browser.

Still being rerouted with IE but I don't care!!

Thank You mgilmu!!!

hit print screen when you are redirected.
Go to paint (type mspaint in Run or Start menu if you`re running windows 7) and press CLTR + V or Edit - > Paste.

Save the file and upload it somewhere. Post the link here. Should work!

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Thanks Alex. The next time I get redirected I will post it. Yesterday was several (2 or 3) small pop up windows that you could not close with sound. Today it was a re route to the above listed address.

As of now no popups and all is well.

Thanks for being on top of things.