End Of The Strike And Future Plans

alex28

Ad hominem attacks (giving me negative points and telling me to shut up) just proves you have no arguments against what I'm saying.
I have no problem with you doing this for fame or credit. That's normal. Just don't act like you are doing this cause you just want to help people. Your actions from the last two days clearly state why you are doing all this.

and the actions from the past 2 years? What do those say?

You only remember our "bad" actions. I won't bother making you understand. I already told you more than enough.
  • Like 1

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Ad hominem attacks (giving me negative points and telling me to shut up) just proves you have no arguments against what I'm saying.
I have no problem with you doing this for fame or credit. That's normal. Just don't act like you are doing this cause you just want to help people. Your actions from the last two days clearly state why you are doing all this.

You missed all the posts in which I said it was not about the credits? I didn't start the strike cause some credits were removed. I did it because I tried to ask the admin of their site to do something about it and he chose to delete my post and ban me. If u mistake dignity with need for fame this is your choice. And it is mine to ignore your future replies.
  • Like 1

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Well your actions sure said otherwise. You gave them a lot free publicity. I for one haven't even heard about them till yesterday.

You do what you do for the credit and fame. No one asked you to do it. Yes people are gratefull but don't push it.

This forum is one of the few civilized places i know on the internet, try and write facts and opinions rather than on the fly accusations please.
I can't but applaud Addic7ed's policy and this crisis dealing.
I am grateful for the work you do for us.
  • Like 1

Addic7ed RUUUUULES !
check my band : Thou, Ill Mace Horn ! and tell me what you think.

I'm glad -as hundreds and hundreds more- that you came to some kind
of truce with subtitulos.es, this is in benefit of we downloaders.
Thanks for that. And thanks also for keeping your moderate profile
during this short but intense struggle, that helped a lot in the
thread, Alex.

I couldn't say the same of subtitulos.es' thread in spanish, but I
attribute that to the spanish passionate idiosyncrasy.

I think that you were right at some point: credits are frequently
erased. I'm sure that this will no longer happen in the future.

I think that subtitulos.es (as a "brainstorm team") does a very
acceptable and fast job for the spanish speaking community (thanks
to your english sources, of course). We have no other site which
works so fast and so enthusiastically. Their translations are the
basis for further ones at other more "polished" sites which claim
to be perfectionistic. That sites NEVER credit subtitulos.es as
their spanish source and they should because subtitulos.es' is
always the first translation. So, as you can see, it's a "style".

I think that Internet is a vast ocean of huge information and data
which -sadly- is becoming more and more "authorless" and anonymous.
Unfortunately, we can't stop that. People got used to access to
information in that way: authorless (i.e. wikipedia), without
questioning, without checking sources, etc.

By the other hand, I felt very pleased to see the high level of
the thread's posts, for they weren't -mostly- flaming nor trolling
but mindful and showing sincere concern for this struggle. And
you've got contributions from a lot of non-english speaking fellows.
That's a valuable feedback, indeed.

Bottom line, I learnt a lot about subtitling communities and the
persons behind them.

Best Regards and thank you guys for all your daily job.

:)

• Like 3

A special thanks to all the translators. Subtitles enhance my TV-show experience and both syncing and translating must not be easy. I am amazed and grateful for the continuity and quality your translators have brought so far for free!

Thank you Eldermann, Honey-bunny in special. Thanks to everyone else who puts effort in getting the subtiles out there. Your work is much appreciated.

• Like 1

As I told you earlier: If someone has the cleartext subtitle he can copy/paste it and there is no way to stop him.
What you are suggesting works only if users would care if the sub came from the original creator or not. 99% of users don't care.

In other news: all the music groups in the world released statements that they will stop making new music because what they have made so far is pirated on the internet.

It appears that someone avoided natural selection. May fate correct this error sooner than later. :rolleyes:

Enough about stupid people and trolls.

Thanks again for all you do Alex, HB, and the rest of the Addic7ed team.
  • Like 2

Please, Alex, HN and rest of the staff, ignore the trolls and ungrateful users, they DO NOT share the same opinion of the majority of users. We are very happy with the way you guys handled the situation (i´m kinda surprised and proud, tbh) and with the effort you guys put on this site.

I even got pumped to start helping again on pt-br translations ;P

In short: Thanks =)

• Like 1

First off, i want to thank all the people at addic7ed for all their great work.
Secondly, i'm glad the strike is over, because i (or especially my g/f :)) missed them quite a lot.
Third, to all the people here talking about fame or dissing the guys & gals at addic7ed: what the hell is your problem? Be thankful they provide this service for free, who cares what their reasons are, whether it's fame or credit or appreciation or out of the kindness of their heart, imho you should thank you and stfu.... I'm all for the freedom of speech, but stating unfounded crap like that just get's me pissed off.

That's my 2 cents worth, let the flaming begin...

For fame? We do it for fame? Wow.. I am famous on the internet. My life makes so much sense. Yes. You are so right.

Hey, maybe you aren't famous, but I know you since I started watching TV series on my computer, because I can watch the 90% of them thanks to you, ;-)
Your job it´s amazing and you deserve to know it and yes, you aren't famous like Obama, but I'm spanish and I know you, so you should be proud. Because I'm telling you this like something good, not like the other user that started the fame theme.
And I´m not saying you do this for fame, huh!! :D

Finally I wanted to say that I'm also a subtitulos.es user and 'til yesterday I didn't know we have only one moderator/administrator, now a lot of things make sense...
I'm not only talking about the credits thing, because, sincerely, I don't usually stare at it. Mostly, because I don´t download subtitles in english. But one thing I can tell you it's I can see a lot of times even in the spanish version of the subs this "sync by honneybunny". Can't say "always" cause I can't be sure (don't have so good memory, haha).
I'd say that mentioning all addic7ed team in this versions of the subs is less common, but again I'm not sure and can´t give you examples. Maybe in this case it's not so necessary to mention all your team because it's not exactly your subtitle, but I wanted to say it cause it maybe helps for something.

In conclusion, I think we all can see the main problem is our moderator, I don't know if he is not able to do better his job or he just doesn't want to, I only know it isn't logical that he doesn't answer all your mails and questions.
So I want you to know I'd like to use more your site and download more subtitles from you, but the main problem is that your translations to spanish are published later. It would be great if other users from subtitulos.es like me, that realized our moderator is a disaster, would join you, but I don't know many of them, so I can´t convince them.
Also, I'd translate for you, but I'm not so patient and I don't believe I could translate more than the 10% of an episode, haha.

Whatever, since now I'm gonna visit more your site and download your versions whenever possible, ;-)

PD: the biggest fail of subtitulos.es is that they only translate subtitles, they don't create from 0 any of them. If they did it, it wouldn't be so many problems with credits.
I'm a "subtitle hunter" (if I can say it like that) for another web where a friend published his uploads (series) and where I download them from.
First I always publish the subtitulos.es version because they are faster than all the others spanish teams, but when the subs-team.tv (who do all the subs from 0) version is aired, I always change to that. Because subtitulos.es is faster, yes, but in consecuence their subs are already worse than the subs from subs-team, who are slower, but more carefull.

It's not about fame or credit, it's about RESPECT.

If the subtitles of my teams were stolen and nobody wanted to respond, I would have the same reaction.
And anyway, who are you to ask them to recognize that they do it for fame or credit ? What's your interest ? That's so stupid. It's just looking for trouble !

You guys on Addic7ed do a wonderful job, and all the subtitle community should be thankful.
To start a strike and end it quickly was the best to do.
You pointed out the problem to all your users, and now we're all aware of the problem, giving you the acknowledgment you deserve.
But keep on striking would have penalized you more than it would have helped you.

Thanks & keep on doing a great job !

It's good to see you guys are back to work. I think everyone "grew up" a little after this issue, the staff of Addic7ed and its users. Reading various viewpoints from people was good.

• Like 1

It's good to see you guys are back to work. I think everyone "grew up" a little after this issue, the staff of Addic7ed and its users. Reading various viewpoints from people was good.

indeed.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I explained the donation widget so people would stop saying we asked for 2500$ because we're greedy. I rushed things because i want to bring new features to you before the end of 2010.
If trying to pay a coder and getting things done ASAP is a crime, then i'm guilty of it.

I can assure you that the changes we'll do will benefit everyone. We will not only try to cover all the shows, but we'll also provide you a complete tv show website (except downloading of course).
If you have anymore questions i'd be happy to hear them. Same thing for suggestions or complains.

I would like you read this post, It's in Spanish but I think to explain very good the future of addic7ed.

post 140.

I think that your policy is great.

Thanks to you, honney, and all people that do this possible.

Un saludo.

So I want you to know I'd like to use more your site and download more subtitles from you, but the main problem is that your translations to spanish are published later.

Ten days ago, in 6 hours we translated both NCIS and NCIS LA episodes. Two days ago we translated Criminal Minds in 3 horas. Last Friday we had more than 50% of CSI LV translated when the site got down. We had to start translating from zero offline. As soon as the site was available, the spanish sub was updated.

Also, bear in mind that we're more or less 10, so, if you compare you'll see that we're not so slow but we have not many hands to help. So, if you want to help us, you're very welcome. We have a pretty good team for spanish translations, and the most important thing we're doing our best to keep going the spanish translations in addic7ed.
  • Like 1

Hoy entro y veo el problema que se sucito entre las páginas.
Desde mi punto de vista ambos tienen razón; el objetivo debería ser sumar respetando los derechos de cada uno, entiendo que algunas personas no tengan claro lo que es el derecho de autor y es necesario que se les informe de esa manera se evita tales inconvenientes.
El derecho de autor es uno de lso derechos humanos y como tal y ante todo el mundo debe ser respetado.
"Los creadores gozan de un derecho de propiedad intelectual sobre sus obras. Es el denominado derecho de autor, uno de los derechos humanos contenido en la Declaración Universal de los Derechos Humanos, artículo 27, numeral 2, del 10 de diciembre de 1948."
Debemos tener claro que sino respetamos estamos violando un derecho humano.
Saludos a todos y a sumar
Charo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I go and see the problem sucite between pages.
From my point of view both are right, the goal should be to add respecting the rights of each, I understand that some people have no idea of what is copyright and must be informed that avoids these drawbacks.
Copyright is a lso human rights and as such, and above all the world should be respected.
"The creators have a right of intellectual property in their works. This is called copyright, a human rights contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 27, paragraph 2, of December 10, 1948."
We must be clear that we respect but we are violating a human right.
Greetings to all and to add
Charo

I apologize if the translation is not correct, it was with Google's automatic translator

• Like 1

Thanks Addic7ed for your work and for the way you did resolve the situation.
I'd like to say to hispanic world they have a very good sub-site ""legendas.tv", if you let me say their name.
I did translations in my native language but i did renounce because of stealing my name, and a lot of mails with injuries, not with thanks.
No satisfaction at all, even on national tv they did steal some of my translations, with no credits at all.
Good job done you done!