Suggestions For Usb Tv Tuner

egk

Does anyone have some suggestions for a good TV tuner that works well with closed captioning? I'd like to be able to save the cc to the video output as well as being able to save the captions themselves to a text file. It needs to work with Windows 7 and I'm leaning towards USB 2.0 but a pci card would probably be ok as well. I'd like the USB for portability.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone have some suggestions for a good TV tuner that works well with closed captioning? I'd like to be able to save the cc to the video output as well as being able to save the captions themselves to a text file. It needs to work with Windows 7 and I'm leaning towards USB 2.0 but a pci card would probably be ok as well. I'd like the USB for portability.

:)

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

• 1 year later...

I've been using an AverMedia Hybrid Volar Max for a coupple of years now. Works GREAT! I have mine hooked up to my Channel Master CM4221HD mast antenna in my window for OTA using RG6 coax from the mast to the Volar Max, then USB 2.0 to my laptop (believe it),  that I watch either via Windows Media Centre or MediaPortal.  Fantastic little device well worth the then seventy or so, bucks I paid originally for it; pretty sure prices droped since then. Closed Captioning works a treat with this nifty little unit. I use it day in day out. And of course when I'm not doing OTA then I'm off messing about with XBMC-PVR but thats another story *CHEERS* :D

A46-4130_chiclet01_gfv_mn_3867990.jpg

~{ TwiztedZero @JeeringSpectre | Nine*Zero*Burp*Nine*Six | IRC: EFnet #addic7ed }~