Editing an existing subtitle with lots of errors

north3rner

There is this old tv series. Every subtitle has 30-50 spaces lacking for every episode, like:

Suityourself.  Suit yourself.

thinkthat think that

withoutyour without your

thatyou're that you're

thinkthat's think that's

etc ...

Editing every instance appears very painful. Is there any more efficient option to edit this, like  reuploading the whole thing?

I can see why ADDIC7 wouldn't want reuploading by third party to be an option.  The whole subtitle could be nuked with a single operation. I guess the idea is that when someone uploads a subtitle there should be very few errors left. Should I use the "Report to moderators" button or am I too critical?

~

Second query. I use Subtitle Edit "Spell check..." to efficiently fix these. Small annoyance: Subtitle Edit stops for every single "I" pronoun and every single indefinite article "a". Can these be excluded?

Funny mistake:

"butyou" has erroneously become "buyout" in lots and lots of places. I'm sure that's because it's the first "fix" option in Subtitle Edit, unless one scrolls down and chooses "but you". Is "butyou" really the most common misspelling of "buyout"? Seems weird but I guess it must be, assuming Subtitle Edit suggestions are automatically generated based on user entered statistical misspelling commonality. No one could possibly have hand coded all the suggestions.

Edited by north3rner