Help! Pointers needed...

hardofhearing

Long story, short...  It's my stepfathers 83rd birthday on Saturday. My 84yr old mother wants me to get a series called "Banished" for them both to watch, while having a quiet drink at home. My problem is... I have managed to find the series, but it's in 720p BluRay format. I have been unable to find any subs that fit it. I have found episodes 4,5,6, and 7, by "Organic." I can get subtitles that will fit those episodes. I can also get subtitles for the first 3 episodes, but by "Organic."  The timing on these subs runs to around 58mins.  The timing on the first 3 episodes in BluRay is roughly 52mins.  How do I get the subtitles to fit the BluRay video?  Why is there a 5min difference? Any help muchly appreciated...

The time difference is easy to explain. The series was originally released on BBC, a channel that doesn't have ads. So most drama or documentary programs are 58-59 mins long. The BluRay is a commercial release, that has been abridged to allow time for ads to be slotted in.

Unfortunately there is no quick or easy way to reduce the long version subs to the shorter one. It has to be done by hand. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

There is an mSD 480p pack around on some sites - they are also 58-59 mins long. So perhaps you could find those to watch for eps 1-3?

Edited by Pindiu
remove an unintentional link