Subtitle Name Breakdown

Darrel

Maybe I've not really described my question in the subject! In looking for subtitles for multi-season TV Shows or older movies, I find some difficult find a near exact match when attempting to mate the subtitle with its program. For example: what does (it may seem stupid, bit never knows without asking) each character set mean in
bones.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-orpheus; especially the ORPHEUS suffix mean as it relates making a subtitle work with its responding program. Second part, what is the trick or shortcut to properly synchronize an almost near miss?

Maybe I've not really described my question in the subject! In looking for subtitles for multi-season TV Shows or older movies, I find some difficult find a near exact match when attempting to mate the subtitle with its program. For example: what does (it may seem stupid, bit never knows without asking) each character set mean in
bones.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-orpheus; especially the ORPHEUS suffix mean as it relates making a subtitle work with its responding program. Second part, what is the trick or shortcut to properly synchronize an almost near miss?

bones - show name
s03e01 - season 3 episode 1
dvdrip - source of the rip
xvid - encoding used
orpheus - name of the release group

i don't understand what you mean by program.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

bones - show name
s03e01 - season 3 episode 1
dvdrip - source of the rip
xvid - encoding used
orpheus - name of the release group

i don't understand what you mean by program.

I guess he want to say about the fact that on addic7ed he can find subtitles that doesn't match with his video version.
And he want to know why an existing subtitle doesn't work with any type of video version, for example bones.s02e02.hdtv.xvid-fqm with bones.s02.e02.hdtv.xvid-fever, or something like that.

Well, a simple explanation it is that different release groups are encoding same show, with same codec, but video file itself it is different, because breaks for commercials are not in same way removed.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK: