Thread deletions

Pindiu

I filled a couple of requests yesterday, for TV programs Dodger and Karen Pirie. Today both threads are gone. 

Please may I have an explanation as to why they were deleted?

TIA.

Edited by Pindiu
fix typo
  • Like 1

I, too, posted a request for subs for Karen Pirie which has disappeared without explanation.

It'd be nice to know why so we can make sure we do things right next time – if it has anything to do with the wording of our posts.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the show was less than 3 days old at the time of posting, which is a no-no according to the Rules.

Edited by pixxxie

32 minutes ago, pixxxie said:

I, too, posted a request for subs for Karen Pirie which has disappeared without explanation.

It'd be nice to know why so we can make sure we do things right next time – if it has anything to do with the wording of our posts.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the show was less than 3 days old at the time of posting, which is a no-no according to the Rules.

pixxxie I wasn't requesting the subs for Karen Pirie, I filled your request.

Apologies, I should've read your OP more carefully, Pindiu.

Thanks for filling my request 👍 but as the thread for Karen Pirie has vanished, would you please send me link to the subs you posted?

1 hour ago, forgetit said:

Looks like it's a little worse than a few posts. The latest by me is from august 12. I did post in the dodger request. Maybe database files were damaged and an older backup was restored? There were some problems lately, the forum was regularly offline, sometimes more than a day. The forum seems to have a new look, maybe on a different server, and not everything has been put back yet? We'll see.

Hey,

You are quite right. There were some performance issues I had to address. I've also migrated everything to a new server, but -to my knowledge- everything was transfered. 

Sub-talk was running outdated code on an outdated platform. If something was lost, it was lost during the upgrade to the latest version. I'll check it out. 
Thanks for letting me know. 

---

Just so we're sure, are we talking about content posted in the past 48-72 hours?

Edited by alex28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

2 hours ago, alex28 said:

Just so we're sure, are we talking about content posted in the past 48-72 hours?

Many thanks for the info, and thanks for the update too  it’s looking pretty good. 

Yes. The Karen Pirie subs I posted about 29 hours ago, and Dodger was about 22 hours ago.

@forgetitI don't post very often either - but it depends upon what is being requested. The last one I remember filling was on 18 September and it's still here. I don't think I posted anything else between then and yesterday but at my age, memory isn't exactly my strongest suit. 😄

@pixxxie  If the missing posts can't be recovered, please make a new post and I'll post them there. But please wait until @alex28 gives the go-ahead. We don't want duplicates.

Just so we can provide help faster, you can make a new thread. 

The database has been updated and I wouldn`t wanna restore old content, since it would create more problems than it would fix, but I`ll have a look.

( At the time I moved everything, I put the website off, made a backup and migrated everything, so in theory nothing was lost. There's still some work to be done, but it shouldn't affect posts - email delivery, 2FA security etc). 

2 hours ago, forgetit said:

Have all indexes already been (re)built? Maybe that has any influence? It's been a while since I worked with any databases, but reindexing was one of the first things to do if a database misbehaved.

My last post before this topic is now august 20, miss scarlet and the duke. I posted in the dodger request topic, I think the day before yesterday.

Yeap :)
Thing is we were running ~2yo software that we bumped to the newest version. That caused some troubles (which I fixed), but post-wise all seemed well. I`ll check further! Thanks for the tip.  

On 9/27/2022 at 1:19 PM, pixxxie said:

Apologies, I should've read your OP more carefully, Pindiu.

Thanks for filling my request 👍 but as the thread for Karen Pirie has vanished, would you please send me link to the subs you posted?

Still waiting for you to post a new request, so I can attach the subs.

• Like 1