Change password? Reference to Lastpass breach.

ulfelf

Hi!

Edit: This refers to the https://www.addic7ed.com/ site settings.

How do I change password?
I cant seem to do that in my profile, just do the reset password via login screen.

That is totally unsecure since you send the password to me in plain mail, potentially visible to anyone sniffing the net.

The password is not long either, I get a password of 7 chars and regarding to How Secure Is My Password? | Password Strength Checker (security.org) the password could be cracked in an hour.

Fun fact is that when you register a new account you could have up to 20 chars

Am I missing some menu item, please let me know how to change my password to something way more secure and since the password have been out in the mail that is not secure at all since the open mail is not encrypted.

Please guide me so I can be secure, thinking of the Lastpass breach that got in the news some days ago!

Brgds

/Uffe

Edited by ulfelf
Missed ref to https://www.addic7ed.com/

At the top right of the page is your Username. Click the dropdown arrow beside it, then choose Account Settings. You can change your password in there.

Sorry, early morning here. Just noticed you are referring to the Addic7ed site, not here. Oops.

Edited by Pindiu
Misunderstood request.