flashforward

mcghater

• 4 weeks later...

"am i the only one who thinks flashforward sucks? "
No - look around the board, in other threads...

It is yet another "con the viewer" series, built on the premise that no direction or resolution is necessary, just a means whereby the viewer is led by the nose for as long as the producers can get away with it, (in the same vein as Lost, Heroes...etc) or until it just runs out of steam and sinks in the swamp, like Prison Break.

If it is allowed to continue, it will eventually disappear up its own story shark, leaving yet another Columbus legend:
- when it started, it didn't know where it was going,
- when it got there, it didn't know where it was,
- when it is ended (note - not completed, just ended!) it won't know where it's been...
And it will all be done on sponsors' money, which, in turn, is derived from viewers' time.

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

"am i the only one who thinks flashforward sucks? "
No - look around the board, in other threads...

It is yet another "con the viewer" series, built on the premise that no direction or resolution is necessary, just a means whereby the viewer is led by the nose for as long as the producers can get away with it, (in the same vein as Lost, Heroes...etc) or until it just runs out of steam and sinks in the swamp, like Prison Break.

If it is allowed to continue, it will eventually disappear up its own story shark, leaving yet another Columbus legend:
- when it started, it didn't know where it was going,
- when it got there, it didn't know where it was,
- when it is ended (note - not completed, just ended!) it won't know where it's been...
And it will all be done on sponsors' money, which, in turn, is derived from viewers' time.

s.

That's not true if you had read up on the show you would know they had planned for a 5 season run. The creators didn't want it to drag on. And already because of a few people's complaints they plan on going straight to the point and reveal what happens with the flashes right on the first season. After that how it will continue to go on, I don't know. But i like the show regardless.
16956944f0dc499090cdfff42b4bc035.0.gif

"they had planned for a 5 season run"

Most probably - but did they know what would be happening in, say, the 80th episode?

Anyway, planning five seasons is just a way of planning (with hope) for the next 3 new cars, 4 holidays, and a good chunk of the retirement fund.

Cynical? Me?

Yep!

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, it sucks, acting is horrible, couldn't relate to any character whatsoever.. Thank God it's getting cancelled.

Life? What life? I have no life ..

buganimated.gif

• 5 months later...