Gestdown: Addic7ed Subtitle Proxy

Belphemur

Hi,

I've built a full API (that is currently used by Bazarr for Addic7ed) and website to find easily find subtitles for any show that is on Addic7ed.

I also cache and store on my side the subtitle and data about shows to avoid querying too much Addic7ed.

https://www.gestdown.info/

gestdown.png

Edited by Belphemur

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I tried to search for "Star Trek", to get the subtitles for "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds", however the only result is "Star Trek". I have to type "Star Trek:" to get a list of all related shows. It might be a bug?

Also, if I leave the page to go to a different browser's tab, when I get back, the search term disappeared, which is not ideal 😉

On 8/3/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jarod_ said:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I tried to search for "Star Trek", to get the subtitles for "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds", however the only result is "Star Trek". I have to type "Star Trek:" to get a list of all related shows. It might be a bug?

Also, if I leave the page to go to a different browser's tab, when I get back, the search term disappeared, which is not ideal 😉

I'll fix the search one in the next release :)
I had an idea of doing direct matching of name, but it backfired for those cases.

For the search term, I see what you mean, currently it's more of an auto-complete than a real search where you'd be able to browse all the different result. Most user would come with one show in mind, or that the way I designed it.