Automatic Download On Safari On Mac For Subtitles

bomba

Hi,
I wanted to notify you with a little bug when pressing the download link of a subtitle on Safari on Mac OS X.

Every time I press the download link I am being entered to the subtitles page instead of popping up the download dialog (or simply start the download).
It may not be a big problem for me but it is important to have consistency on every browser and it also speeds up things.
I suggest modifying the server's HTTP headers, as it probably being caused because of malformed HTTP or maybe it needs some tweaks for the Safari on Mac.

That's usually caused when you browse incognito.. (no cookies etc).
So... are you sure you don`t have any extra security settings?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Yes, I use the default settings for cookies.

Edit:
Ahh, I had Block pop-up windows option on, I have disabled it and it now works fine. But still, most of the sites I download from (Rapidshare for example) does not require pop-ups.

We don't require pop-ups either... you can use Firefox with ad blocker / pop-up blocker just fine... probably the pop-up blocker in Chrome also blocks cookies or referrals or something :-)

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I love FF, but Safari does not consume many system resources like third party browsers are, and I prefer softwares that keep my computer clean.
By the way, I found that pressing the "most updated" link automatically directs you to the download.