Project Auto-Help Translate

grelora

Hello, I am a computer programmer (developer, project manager, director R & S), and I want to help addic7ed in translation.

I want to develop support has translated into three points:
-On each sentence, see if that sentence did not translated in a previous episode or why not another series.
Then-on sentences or there has been no matches to make a query on an online translator
And finally put the result of translation into a suggestion box between the original sentence and that in translation ... (this box also allow the translator to make a sentence in pre-prod .. (not yet validated ... because as you know certainne sentence are sometimes difficult to translate ...

This a quick blank my explanation ... I prefer to tell me directly with a developer ... )

• Like 2

Hello, I am a computer programmer (developer, project manager, director R & S), and I want to help addic7ed in translation.

Hello, welcome to the forum btw.

On each sentence, see if that sentence did not translated in a previous episode or why not another series.

I guess you thought that to avoid translating the previously, right? ;)

As you know, the exact same phrase can have different meaning with different context, but offering previous translations as suggestions, it's not a bad idea.
(although kind of heavy to search through all the DB to look for a match of each line)

Then-on sentences or there has been no matches to make a query on an online translator
And finally put the result of translation into a suggestion box between the original sentence and that in translation ... (this box also allow the translator to make a sentence in pre-prod .. (not yet validated ... because as you know certainne sentence are sometimes difficult to translate ...

I don't really agree with all of that, mainly because online translators are not that good + people are quite lazy and they will just select to "validate" it instead of looking for the right translation.

Another thing, it's that online translators (google translator for example) have limits (size and time between the querys)
and I'm not entirely sure we don't overpass those limits with the traffic we would generate.

Anyway, we really appreciate the suggestions to improve the web, and we'll try to research about if and how we can do them.
Regards.
  • Like 1

I fully understand your position on-line translation. for less people will click submit ..

Purpose I have not had a response regarding my participation in this project ... I am a good programmer ... I can help ... and especially I want to finalize my idea until after ... and not just give the idea ...

• Like 2

I fully understand your position on-line translation. for less people will click submit ..

Purpose I have not had a response regarding my participation in this project ... I am a good programmer ... I can help ... and especially I want to finalize my idea until after ... and not just give the idea ...

We always welcome the addition of new Team Members,
just join our IRC channel

#Addic7ed in the efnet network

¿ How it's your PHP / Javascript ?
  • Like 1

¿ How it's your PHP / Javascript ?

PHP -> Expert
Javascript -> Medium ( but i konw read on the web ;) )
SQL -> Expert
HTML & CSS -> Medium-Expert
+ Other langage ( C++ , PIKE , Perl , Python , Bash )

English -> Bad-Medium :)
  • Like 1

PHP -> Expert
Javascript -> Medium ( but i konw read on the web ;) )
SQL -> Expert
HTML & CSS -> Medium-Expert
+ Other langage ( C++ , PIKE , Perl , Python , Bash )

English -> Bad-Medium :)

Great!, as I said, just join our IRC channel to talk about it, ok?
  • Like 1

$origin = "Hello Word" ;

$final_lang = "french" ;

$ponctuation = array(".", ",", "!", "?", ":", ";", "-");

$remplacement = array(" .", " ,", " !", " ?", " :", " ;", " - ");

$ctx = str_replace($ponctuation,$remplacement, $origin);

$ctx = strtolower($ctx);//I don t know ...

//todo : '/^(.+?)[.;?!].*$/'

$words = preg_split('/"?,"?/',$origin);

foreach($words as $tmp)

{

$md5_origin = md5('$tmp');

$base = mysql_connect ('localhost', 'root', 'root');

mysql_select_db ('XXXXX', $base);

$sql = "SELECT count(*),XXXXX FROM XXXX WHERE md5_sentence ='".$md5_origin."'";

$req = mysql_query($sql) or die;

$data = mysql_fetch_array($req);

//if ($data[0] == 1) ...get the translate in the $suggestion .....and print

}

if no matchs :

<?php

require("dir/GTranslate.php");

try{

$gt = new Gtranslate;

// select xxx to yyyy

echo "Translating [Hello World] from English to French => ".$gt->english_to_french($origin)."<br/>";

echo "Translating [Ciao mondo] Italian to English => ".$gt->it_to_en("Ciao mondo")."<br/>";

} catch (GTranslateException $ge)

{

echo $ge->getMessage();

}

?>

http://gtranslate-ap...php-0.7.9.1.zip

or
Java ..

• Like 3