Subtitle Template For Translated Version

NSV

Hello,

The translate capabilities is great on Addict7ed.
Now, Addict7ed release french subtitles (of importants shows) quicker than anybody else (Even of French specialized websites) with a nice quality.

But there is a problem :
When a "team" translate an episode, it's based on a version of this eps (often standard version, not the WEB DL).
So it will be needed to translate an other time for the others versions.

It will be nice to have a "subtitles template" :
When we translate a sentence in a subtitle, the same subtitles of all version (of the same eps of course) will be changed.
So it will be much faster to have a translated subtitle in all the version (when PROPER appears, it will be translated on the fly if the NUKED is already translated).
And for correction, all version will have the improvements.

Of course, there is sometimes sentences that are only in one version, no worry for them, it will be needed to translate them like old times.

NSV

I don't understand why to start a new translation when someone could easy resync an already translated version to any other video version? (you know, download translated version, use Subtitle Editor or Subtitle Workshop to resync for that new video version and upload it back on addic7ed)
What it is easier: 4 - 8 hrs to make a new translation or 15 minutes to resync ?

I'm just asking myself :)

You suggestion is somehow correct, but, for example, a web.dl version is uploaded mostly 10 -12 hrs after common video releases.
What to do then?

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

The goal is to not have to start another translation.

And to not have to do a resync with a external tools (i don't want to resync before seen my eps).

When, 10-12 hours later, the web dl appears on addict7ed, if a translated subtitles already exists, automaticly the translated sentences will be match with the new version.
So a translated web dl version will be exist automatcly if an english web dl version, an english hdtv version and a french hdtv version exist.

NSV

Hi,

There is a "small" issue :) .

When, 10-12 hours later, the web dl appears on addict7ed, if a translated subtitles already exists, automaticly the translated sentences will be match with the new version

Mostly, the WEB.DL version are resynced or made by some user but not the one who made sync for HDTV / 720p version, and that means we could have a different number of lines for that version.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 3 months later...

+1

Hi.

First thanks for your great job :P

Just few examples of why this function should be implemented. (function : Same sentences = Same translation )

1)The FQM version is in English and in French.
The LOL version is in English and don't have the same number of line.

If i use the French FQM that I synchronise with the LOL version with subtitle workshop, it doesn't work (not the same number of line).
With this function the LOL version is auto-translated.

2)I can also use it to compare with the previous episode to auto-translate the preview or the flashback.

3) Apparently grelora is interested by the subject :P

Yes Subtitle edit work but you have to make lots of sync points to have a good result and it's long to find them.
In that case I prefer to watch my episode with English sub,I don't know why I ate sync. Yes I know I am lazy. :P

But the fact is that, for lots of episode instead of resynchronise the subtitles, some translator start a new translation (yeah they are weird I know).

For example in this page two versions are translated in French, some translators have lost lots of time for a work already done.