Just The Sync (As Language)

LU2012

Hi,
My little story: i have worked on a serie with a friend but it became fastidious when another fellow join us because we had to transmit each other the file of sync with the progress/correction we have done.

Is it possible to add a fictive language (like "worksheet" or "sync file" or "addic7ed") to upload the "Just the sync" file we can use to start the translation or in this case the what they said?
Lu

• 7 months later...

It'd be great to have a way to share the sync work with the community.I' m pretty new to this and having to sync a whole episode by myself is rebutting even a 20 mn one.I 'd uploaded a partial file hoping for someone to come and complete the work.And more or less that was  happened.But N17t01 kindly ask not to post partial files.

I wouldn't lay down any idea because I have no idea of what could be done and what is impossible.But finding a way for two or more people to sync together should be helpful.Or maybe sync is a solitary work, i coudn't say.

It'd be great to have a way to share the sync work with the community.I' m pretty new to this and having to sync a whole episode by myself is rebutting even a 20 mn one.I 'd uploaded a partial file hoping for someone to come and complete the work.And more or less that was  happened.But N17t01 kindly ask not to post partial files.
  I wouldn't lay down any idea because I have no idea of what could be done and what is impossible.But finding a way for two or more people to sync together should be helpful.Or maybe sync is a solitary work, i coudn't say.

Hi,
My little story: i have worked on a serie with a friend but it became fastidious when another fellow join us because we had to transmit each other the file of sync with the progress/correction we have done.

Is it possible to add a fictive language (like "worksheet" or "sync file" or "addic7ed") to upload the "Just the sync" file we can use to start the translation or in this case the what they said?
Lu

Well, it is possible to add any language, but that does not help you.

I can suggest you to try SubtitleEdit's networking feature, and you'll be amazed about what you can do with that :)
Of course, you have to download the file you want to work on.

doc

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

<p>Thx for the answer Doc.I've checked the subtitle edit FAQ and I'm still confused about it I'm afraid it doesn't help me because I think I'll need a friend I could ask to join the sync session.Beside my issue is not so much working at the same time but rather on the same file but at different time.I guess I'll keep it that way as unconfortable it can be to sync a whole episode while thinking that someone else might be doing it elsewhere. Maybe I could post a comment on addi7ed with a link to a partial file that could be downloaded from somewhere else than addi7ed. Is that ok?</p>