Problem uploading subs.

Hell Of The Steel

Minutes ago I was trying to upload some subs I made, but this wasn't possible. It kept saying "Wrong format" and the files were clearly .srt.
Maybe the problem was the filename (being long) and I tried to make it shorter but with no sucess. The subs were for "Band of brothers" series.
Any hint?

Yes, all u have to do is open the subs in subtitle workshop and save them again as srt. I know they are already srt, but sometimes, this needs to be done. I guarantee that it will work after. Let me know, though :)

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Minutes ago I was trying to upload some subs I made, but this wasn't possible. It kept saying "Wrong format" and the files were clearly .srt.
Maybe the problem was the filename (being long) and I tried to make it shorter but with no sucess. The subs were for "Band of brothers" series.
Any hint?

I'm having the same problem (getting "wrong format"), even though the files are srt ones.
Do we have to use SubtitleWorkshop from now on for ALL srt files we want to upload, or is it just a temporary thing? :unsure:

I just wanna make sure I need to download it, if I want to upload subs to the site.

It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years dQVXh.gif

"Do we have to use SubtitleWorkshop from now on for ALL srt files"

No - but you do have to make sure that the file is a good .srt format, and STW is an easy way of doing that.

Also, on the file name issue raised by Hell Of The Steel - you can call it what you like; if you enter the
series/episode/version info. on the upload page, Addic7ed will attach the proper file name, automatically.
l
s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

I'm having the same problem (getting "wrong format"), even though the files are srt ones.
Do we have to use SubtitleWorkshop from now on for ALL srt files we want to upload, or is it just a temporary thing? :unsure:

It's neither a permanent nor temporary thing. Not all subtitles require that, but some do. No idea exactly as why the subs are not properly recognized as srt, but the SW corrects that.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 1 month later...

I try to post subs (as morlapin) but something went wrong, the subs uploading correctly but when i try to download them i have this message "Go home and try again. File was lost somewhere on the server. There is no way you can get it. Really, it`s gone.", i have try a second times but always the same problem, it's the "Monty.Python.Almost.the.Truth.Lawyers.Cut.1of6.The.Not.So.Exciting.Beginnings.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.eng" subs

what can i do??

I deleted it... You have to select "New show" in the show name drop down menu, write the season and episode number, the name of the new show, in the box below the name of the episode and after that it should be pretty intuitive. what u did was not select any show name and writing the release name in the episode name box. pls upload it again following my instructions.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

you didn;'t write the show name next to the episode number. you put the whole name (show name+episode name) in the episode box :)

I see Kerensky corrected it :)

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I have try again, same problem, when i try to clic the "tutorial" i have a 404 error too

addjce.jpg

Where am i wrong??

You didn't set the series name.

Fixed addic7ed link

THE SERIES NAME ONLY IT'S NECESSARY FOR NEW SHOWS THE 1st TIME.
For the next subtitles, just select the name from the list of series!!

addjce.jpg

I hope that helps a bit ;)

PS: Damm, bunny was faster xD... but I edited the image :P

Thanks both of you for your precious help ^^ I think it's good now, but i have make a little mistake for the fourth episode (sorry for my poor english, i learn everyday ;) )

Hmm, what mistake would that be? I'm sure it's nothing we can't correct :D Thanks for your contribution.

I already fixed it...

For some reason, I think he it's uploading all episodes selecting "New show" in the series name list,
when, obviously, it's only needed the 1st time (after that the series name appears on that list).