Hi From Thailand

KhunRoger

Hi from Thailand to all the guys and girls who upload the subtitles. I would especially like to say thank you to honeybunny and n17t01 whose efforts I have been downloading for quite a while.

I only just found this forum - I usually just go to addic7ed.com and get the subtitle without clicking on any other links, but today I clicked on "Forum" so here I am!

I sometimes spot errors in the subtitles - a misheard word or phrase - and I would like to upload a corrected version, but don't know how to upload it. I do know how to edit subtitles using "Subtitle Edit v 3.2 RC 1/2" , but getting them on to the addic7ed site is a bit of a mystery to me. I did try it once, but I don't know where my effort went! :D

So any pointers on how to upload a modified version would be welcomed. I usually download the "Most updated" version of a subtitle, so that is where I would want my version to go - I don't want my name or any credit for doing it. Just knowing that I have helped improve what everyone is doing here is enough.

One thing that I find strange is how few of my friends here actually like subtitles! They seem to think it gets in the way, whereas I think they help you understand 100% of what is being said - you don't miss a word and get more out of a program with subtitles showing. It's not that I'm deaf, but sometimes actors mumble or there is background noise so that a crucial piece of dialogue is missed. So that's why I love subtitles and am thankful for the efforts of you guys (and girls!).

• Like 1

Hello, thanks a lot!

Whenever you want to correct a subtitle, first you need to be registered on addic7ed.com if you're not already. It's different from this forum. If you are, then on the subtitle page of that episode you just need to click on "View and edit", look for the sequence you want to correct, click on it, change it and save it. That's how your corrections will be on the "most updated" subtitle! We always appreciate all the corrections! :D

Subtitle Edit is for syncing and bigger corrections, if a subtitle has things that need to be fixed in almost every line, it's easier to fix them through that program and then upload a new subtitle to the site, clicking on "Upload New Version" in the page of that episode.

Regarding the last thing you say, at least in my case, I've been in the same position. A lot of people don't want to use subtitles, but when you insist and they get used to them, they don't want to go back to dubbed stuff... hehe I guess its just laziness.

See you around!

Thanks for your advice n17t01. When I tried to make new version several months ago, I clicked the "Upload New Version" button and I don't know what happened to it!

But today I have just tried the "View and Edit" button and have made a change to "Person of Interest 02x05" (not HI, Dimension 720p) at 00:34:48,265 - from "If Griffin's higher than before," to "If Griffin's hired them before,"

So that's my first edit! Woo-hoo! :D

I think I'll be doing this a lot more, now that I know how to do it.

Thanks again for all your great work, and honeybunny's. :)

Edit:

And a belated 'thank you' to "elderman"!

- Sorry, I just noticed your name on the "Elementary" series subtitles. Thanks very much!