Erroneous Download Count

pmshah

Something is definitely not right. After only 8-9 downloads I got the message that I had exceeded the count of thirty. I checked my history and actually I had downloaded 8 titles but each one was listed multiple times.

I use IDM for all my http downloads. It makes up to 16 connections to sites that support it. Apparently addic7ed.com also supports this featrure ( also called resume support).. Unfortunately addc7ed.com counts each connections as a download. So even if I download only 5 - 6 subtitles files the count shows up as 30 and prevents me from downloading any more files. Becoming a donor would also nbot help as i probaly would exceed the count of 50 in just 2-3 additional files..Somebody needs to look into this.

There is another suggestion I would like to make. Worldwide the method of sorting of names that include a definite article is to exclude it and list at the end of the name. Here all names starting with "THE" are listed under "T". Does not really make sense. In fact there has been a joke, around 50 years old, about the secretary who did just that, files all correspondence for such companies under T..

Of course I use the "search in page" feature of the browser to find the link I need but listing "The Bridge" under "T" and not "B" does not go down well.

Downloads>Options>Connections>Exceptions Add www.addic7ed.com set to 1 connection. Hit
okay.

Odd though I’ve used IDM for years, and it’s never attempted
to download a srt file. They are tiny files hardly worthy of the use of a
download accelerator. Perhaps remove .srt from your file types list.

Thanks p2p.

I can confirm this is a known issue with IDM. 
Best thing you can do is either add an exception (addic7ed) or disable the file type from IDM. 

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Thats what I figured. I have IDM running all the time. I had set it to also handle .srt files for simple reason of being able to define download folder according to extension, same as mkv, avi flv, wmv, etc. I also set IDM to single connection for this site, it still gave false count. I finally figured it out myself and removed srt from file type in IDM. Apparently it has solved the problem. This site also has problem with very delayed response to requests from FireFox. May be I will have to start using different browser just for this site.

I can't figure out why it should have a problem with IDM in particular. I am pretty sure that the site is keep[ing track of requesting IP address and the file name. It is just a question of indexing in the database. It would be quite stupid to be downloading 5 copies of the same subtitle, at the very same time.