Inserting Subtitles

peejeesee

I am still looking for the way in which inserting existing subtitles in a movie. I used several programs but until now none of these had the result I am looking for. I want as a result a movie with subtitles that I can put on a USB stick and play in my TV or burn on a DVD. Waiting for your suggestions.

• Like 1

You need to be more specific.  What format are you trying to use?  If mp4, mkv or avi files, then you can use external subtitles.  Just rename axactly as the movie.  If you're trying to convert to dvd then use convertxtodvd and add the subtitle before you encode.  You dont have to merge subtitles in matroska. It's better to have them external in case you need to adjust them.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just want to thank the person/s who is doing the English subs for Un Village Francais, have been searching and waiting for these for a long while, almost the first series done

:)

a top French series

regards

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

If you want to insert existing subtitles into a movie and get a result that you can put on a USB stick and play on your TV or burn on a DVD, there are several ways to do it. Here are some suggestions:

EaseFab: This program allows you to add external subtitles to DVD movies or TV shows on Mac/Windows. You can load the source DVD movie, add external subtitles, choose an output format, and start ripping DVD with added subtitles.

WinXDVD: This program requires VLC Media Player and allows you to add subtitles to DVD movie video. You can launch VLC media player, click Media, and choose Open Disc, then click Subtitle at the top menu bar.

DVDFab: This program allows you to add subtitles to a DVD while ripping DVD. You can get DVDFab DVD Ripper launched on your computer, select 'Ripper' and add your DVD.

Video Converter: Easy-to-use video editing software helps you easily convert and edit video and audio. 1. Tap on the Subtitles button. 2. Add a subtitle file by clicking the file icon. You can adjust the font style, format and transparency, background color and transparency, and subtitle position as well. 3. Click Save.