Question about style convention

Zarggg

Now that everything's back up and running, I'm starting to go through as I watch and do some "touch-ups" on the subs where needed (mostly spelling, names, grammar, language conventions, etc) and I've noticed that almost always, lines that are broken in the middle of sentences are still capitalized.

Is there a reason for doing this? To me, it would seem counter-intuitive to re-capitalize in the middle of a sentence. I wanted to know what the community consensus was on this before I start changing things around.

Maybe a Cham response will be more appropriate, but still...

But yes, you're right, the initial letter of a broken sentence shouldn't be capitalized.
I guess that happens because of the automatic capitalize sentences some programs have.

Since it won't let me reply to chamallow's PM just yet (I need one more post after this one), I'll reply here for now.

chamallow questioned me for clarification with the following example:

But then later, we reveal
That it's actually Dr. Joe.

This is what I meant, except that instead of both lines being in the same "sub" (both lines on the screen at the same time), I mean that the FOLLOWING subtitle would be recapitalized. So in effect, we would have "But then later, we reveal" on the screen, then it clears and the next sub to appear would be "That it's actually Dr. Joe."

To me, this seems bad English, and could be confusing to people who actually can't hear the voices; they might not realize it's part of the same sentence or even the same person speaking.

But, as I said, I seem to see that a lot. Whether that's a convention that people are using, or the fact that programs are parsing the lines like this automatically and laziness contributes to it not being fixed, I do not know. I wanted to poll the community before I go forward.