Working with KODI

Airwreck

NOt sure where I should put this post so guess here is as good as any

Is there a way to somehow add this site to KODI searches for subtitles..

Thanks

Hi, why don't you ask on KODI's website ?

I don't really know how it works but surely you should ask them first.

Edited by retrojex
  • Like 1

Alrighty.. By your answer it means that no one has written what is called an Addon.. that is how it would work..

I am still learning this stuff.. and am in no way close to really understanding XML (oops.. seems its using Python grrr I definitely know nothing about that )  but addon's are written using that language,,

I guess I need to figure that out.. GRIN..

Edited by Airwreck

Oh actually I didn't know this site, so apparently it's referencing a lot of addons. It seems to work like RSS feed, or should I say XML feed. 

I guess Python is just used to 'read' and sort XML infos created instantly and simultaneously when a subtitle is uploaded, or when a translation is finished. (I think that's what the addon does, right?).

Basically, you could have done the same thing on your website using RSS/XML feed and PHP to sort your infos out. But, you can't use PHP in an addon, that's why they're using Python.

Obviously, I think, except if you find a nice person, no one will develop this addon for Kodi TV. But be creative, and just try to understand what XML feed means, and how to sort it out using Python. That's not really hard, it's all about picking up the XML tag you want, read it, and display it. That's it :D

Kind of what I was thinking when I was doing the dishes tonight.. :-)

I will need to see what one of the current services for Subtitles is doing and then figure out how to plug in this site..

Its just that as I have been using more and more subtexts.. I have noticed that the ones coming from you folks are really well synced. and some of the others I have to push the offset way out to get it close and its really aggravating. 

So when I pull subtexts from say like Opensubs.org.. I have no idea who is who's and I would really like to filter out the chaff

Give yourselves a gold star a job well done..

Drop me a PM if you have any troubles or if you need something to build this add-on.

Thanks a lot for your kind regard.

• 2 months later...

indeed, i was surprised that i didn't see addic7ed on the list of subtitles provider inside kodi.

Will be good to have this, any news on that ?

tnx

Sry I have not been able to do anything ATM.. Since I made this post I learned that I have to get an understanding of Python. I have had zero free time to do that..

• 3 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to KODI 15.2 and some one has added the addicted service to subtitles.. I never saw it in any other version.. so if you can upgrade to 15.2

Have not tested how well it works..

• 2 months later...

to the best of my recollection I did not install it from an external zip file.. NOW if some other addon had in as part of it I don't know..I will look around and see if I can follow a path to the source. If I find out something I will let you know..

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi....Im hard of hearing and consequently use lots of sub services,i find that a lot of these services in fact use links from Addic7ed,i would just like to get them first hand :)

On my search of the above mentioned addon/plugin i came across a exe. file which i suppose is better than nothing

In Kodi just go to "install from zip" and then you will find Addic7ed in the subtitle listings

Good luck

Addic7ed-master.zip

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I know its an old thread but there's no telling who might read this

You are so right!! I just did and it really helped me made it, so thanks a lot!! ^^

• 5 years later...