Whats up with the logo?

Mudflap

Is the new logo a permanent change?  I really liked the old one. My son even mentioned liking it once when he stopped to talk to me while I was on your site.  Its not a deal breaker, but as a fellow cane carrying, highly medicated, dude that walks with a limp, I'd really like to see the "cripple" make a comeback.

Just my 2¢ worth.

• Like 2

Although the new logo actually does make more sense, and using the CC symbol as part of the logo for a subtitle site is quite clever, and I never did understand what Dr. H had to do with any of it, I still really liked the old logo...

R.I.P. A7 logo..... The Cripple may be gone, but he's not forgotten.

• Like 5

@Mudflap: The old logo was made by a user, and we loved it very much. But that show has been done for a while now, and it was time to move you. We gotta think about the future :D

• Like 3

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

Honestly.... 

I don't give a shit about Dr. House... never liked that show... no.. NO ! Don't hurt my nose !....

Maybe the new one is not absolutly perfect, but, for me, it's always better than the old one !

I know, I'll burn in hell... I don't care.

Revolution, Evolution... it's just past things...

Volution is the future !!! 

Need one...

... 20 y old Single Malt ! 

• Like 3

@shotfirer: Know what? It's also much simpler! :)

​And it would be even simpler just to keep the old one :D
BTW, it also would look much better, if it'll be properly aligned to the site layout :64:

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.45.54.png

• Like 1

Well, the website is responsive (at least we've got that!), its position will depend on the width of your window (not logged in):

So how better would that look, really?

Enough to be a contender for The Favorite Website Awards

:1290892381:

Anyway, about the new logo:

The new logo design is a visual citation and a composite of the two main official logos for CC (closed captioning for the hearing impaired).

The telly, the speech bubble as well as the "C7" (as "CC") act as their reminders:

1. The National Captioning Institute’s registered service mark identifying the programs which they (and only they) have captioned. This symbol is recognized throughout the television industry. Designer: Cheryl Kaplan, Diana Graham/Graphic Design, New York.
  2. The Caption Center’s logo for closed-captioned programs. This design is not copyrighted and may be used to identify any closed-captioned program. The legibility suffers somewhat in small sizes, but the “CC” within a television frame is immediately understandable. Design: WGBH.

In essence, it's a friendly little shout-out to the first and foremost demography who uses Addic7ed, the hard of hearing people who we tend to forget.

I think it's nice and a symbolic gesture, regardless of its integration.  :) 

Could the website be better? Definitely!
Is the change of logo challenging our habits? Of course!
Should this new logo stir any light or profound controversy? Ridiculous.

Let's move on.

• Like 5

I`m glad you like the idea behind the logo.

We made the House logo back in 2009~, I guess. 

We've been using the new logo internally for quite a while.

"Fix the website first"? You got that right! Even if behind the scenes we've been handling server related problems and improvements, we kinda ("kinda") left out the user experience. Bad? Yeap. See the logo as a first step into improving the frontend. I know I am :-)

Shoutout to Taytoy, detailed reply, as usual :-)

P.S. deglinglau, I got bad news for you :(

Edited by alex28
had to deliver the bad news
  • Like 7

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

"Fix the website first"? You got that right! Even if behind the scenes we've been handling server related problems and improvements, we kinda ("kinda") left out the user experience. Bad? Yeap. See the logo as a first step into improving the frontend. I know I am :-)

Fingers crossed :)

But I'm not talking about frontend. Tvrage is gone for more than a year (this motherf*ckers rip'd a lot of people of their donations), but it seems, that nobody bothers with the problems it causes here. It's really a shame to have that kind of outcome which you have here, when you click on "My Views" link for example. And I'm sure, that tvrage api causing much more problems under the hood. So the first "improvement" that should be done a year ago is to get rid of this broken crap and switch to a working api. I bet, that it will do much good for the overall site performance, aside from making the impression that somebody cares...

• Like 1