[NEW] Addic7ed Suggestions Thread

alex28

- Make it possible to selected the language(s) you want to be displayed on the homepage, e.g. only subtitles for English and Dutch.

- When doing Quick search: If you're not fat enough, the search start again with a new letter

- Add IMDb link on subtitle download page; easy to check about the series / movies

- Rating system for quality of the subtitle

- Possibility to selected part on homepage; e.g. I do not have to see which translations are started 

Hi there.

I suppose many people use some form of adblock, so this could be a non problem.

I visit addic7ed from time to time and: I don't mind the pop-up when searching subtitles but these ads at the top are really hurting my eyes.

NSFW : https://image.ibb.co/mTfKqm/Arghhh .jpg

My suggestion : use less offensive ads.

Have a nice day and thank you for the subs.

Finding a replacement for the TV Rage API would be nice. TVMaze would do the trick, I guess.

The IMDb link on episode pages would indeed be a good thing.

Not so sure about the subtitle rating system. I don't find it constructive.

Users/trolls might vote good or bad just depending on their feelings regarding an uploader, even before actually using the sub.

But, hey, aren't subtitles provided by Addic7ed Team Members always good? :D

There's always the report button to report an issue.

Good suggestions so far. I don't like the rating system either. We're not our "competitors" (where you'll find X times the same language for the same episode - pointless) :D

And as @kinglouisxx said, if it's done by us, people know that there's no issue. And if there are, they can say so.

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

Well, not always. Almost all Dutch translations are uploaded as a separate file (not translated online from subs provided by the team), so are nowadays a lot of French subs. And in more rare cases, English subtitles can be translations too (Bron/Broen, Missions, etc).

But maybe that's not what BorisVictor meant, I'm not really in favor of a system like that anyway.

Hello Folks,

i'd like to suggest some changes for the addic7ed portal :

account settings : search and filter preferences - if one logs in with his account then only the preferenced languages and file types should be searched - Big Speed Up -

like preferen Languages  i.e. eng, dut, ger

sources any, web-dl, hdtv,CDRip,BDRip , SD,720p,1080p HI,HIC,NONHI,Force onyl, 23.xxx,25,30 FPS aso - hope you get my ghist

appling this to the quick searh as well as the filters of the multi-dl  would be a charm and dramatically reduce the server load

i'd like to thank all the great translators and synchers  you are doing a great job and "gods-work" for the hearing impaired

cheers - ahab666

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please buy a new server, those lags are getting worse and are awful. Today it took me 20 minutes to just download 3 subtitles.

​I have to agree, it's nearly impossible to translate on-site, lines take waaaay to much time to upload to the server (when it doesn't fail altogether).

I know this isn't super helpful, but maybe the site could use a total revamp to optimize it's online translation tool (make it faster, with keyboard shortcuts, etc...).

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Recently we've been working on fixing some settings that already existed but were bugged. Once all is fixed, we'll be able to add more features.

• Like 1

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.