Hi from Macedonia

orde_j

Hello!

I have been enjoying addic7ed subtitles for many years now.

I want to contribute and add subtitles for the 2nd season of the show: The OA but site says I need to be a team member :(

I click join the team but it redirects me to an error page (also both firefox and google chrome say something about it being not secure since the certificate for addic7ed is used for sub-talk) and I don't know ho to join the team now.

I'm familiar with SubtitleEdit and I think I can be of help.

How do I join the team?

Did you receive the email for confirmation ? If not, you have to wait.

You click on "Shows" and you find all the series.

​Sorry bro, you don't understand me. I'm registered there for few years now, I can upload subtitle to some shows, but now I tried to upload for The OA and it says "team members only"

Here's a screenshot

​Sorry bro, you don't understand me. I'm registered there for few years now, I can upload subtitle to some shows, but now I tried to upload for The OA and it says "team members only"

​You can't upload The OA because some team members are already working on this show.

• Like 2

Hello,

If you are interested in joining the team, you'll find infos here: http://www.sub-talk.net/topic/6961-recruitment-syncers-only-not-translators/

But this isn't a "click and instantly join" kind of thing, nor is it a one-time shot or a "I join the team so that I can get subtitles faster than the public" thing either. Some shows are covered by the team and that's it. If you are committed and ready to learn, that's what we want.

• Like 3

Hello,

If you are interested in joining the team, you'll find infos here: http://www.sub-talk.net/topic/6961-recruitment-syncers-only-not-translators/

But this isn't a "click and instantly join" kind of thing, nor is it a one-time shot or a "I join the team so that I can get subtitles faster than the public" thing either. Some shows are covered by the team and that's it. If you are committed and ready to learn, that's what we want.

​Thanks a lot for the explanation and link. Unfortunately, I'm not able to be committed, nor do I want subs faster than the public, on the contrary.

I just got the show subtitles early, did corrections with SubtitleEdit and wanted to share with the public.

Good luck to the team anyway. It's been 6+ hours (hold your horses, I'm not complaining, I know they are volunteering and have private lives)) since the show aired and the team is still working on the subs I guess, since I cannot see them on the site.

I'm gonna wait and download their corrected subtitles to compare with mine so I can see if there are things that I need to improve in my corrections.