warning

tololimi

I'm getting some pretty legitimate warnings from some of the windows spawned by clicking on addic7ed.. When I click a link (or what appears to be a link), popups are generated that lead to some pretty dodgy sites. Sometimes Ublock origin catches them and sometimes my router does. For example:

Warning! The website contains malware. Visiting this site may harm your computer
  • Sites that attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, used in the classical sense of trust.
  • URL: www.microsoft.com-maintaining-pc.live

That's a terribly scammy URL I'm being sent to.

Formerly when I was logged into addic7ed I didn't see ads and got no such popups. In the past couple days I've gotten ads and popups even when logged into the site.

• Like 1

Same here. However, only on PC. I visited addic7ed from my mobile phone, and everything was all dandy there.So to me it seems to be a problem only applying to desktops maybe ?

Which browser are you all using? Firefox? 

​it happens in opera , firefox and chrome 

the ad provider is prob hacked

• Like 1

Yes, firefox. And no, I will not be switching. Other browsers have their own unique nightmare problems.

Just asking, since Firefox had issues of their own recently. We won't force you to use another browser, don't worry :)

I don't know if you changed anything, but I'm not seeing any problems today.

Glad to hear that.

• Like 1

Firefox here, too.

Thanks for checking things kinglouisxx.

I'm still having the same issue.  It happens whether I'm logged in or not, and additionally addic7ed logs me out much quicker than it used to, which is a relatively minor problem..

EDITED TO ADD:

I clicked "remember me" on the login page and now I'm not getting logged out so much. When I'm not logged in I still get the scammy popups, but that doesn't happen often since I stay logged in.

• Like 1

​it happens in opera , firefox and chrome

​Can confirm that. Tried many different  browser yesterday, as well as today, to me the problem still exists.

• Like 2

Hi all,

same on smartphone with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Firefox focus, adblock browser...

• Like 1

This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading.

When you look at the page source, you see the following:

<script async="async" data-cfasync="false" src="//newjunads.com/541e0238dffe0ea3bd43f709a8e82b84/invoke.js"></script>
<div id="container-541e0238dffe0ea3bd43f709a8e82b84"></div>

</center>
<script type='text/javascript' src='//newjunads.com/cf/2c/2d/cf2c2d4546ba9d2d4ac0a343c4787c2d.js'></script>

Apparently no matter where you click on the page, you got redirected to this web site.

One solution would be to block the 198.134.112.0/24 on the Windows Firewall.

Or modify your hosts file and enter

127.0.0.1   newjunads.com

• Like 3

maybe as a workaround until it's fixed:
just deactivate javascript in your browser (one click in safari developer menu).
The addic7ed site works fine without javascript and cannot show any of those annoying scam-redirects.

• Like 1

Yes, for now, turn off java.
If using Firefox, NoScript is the tool. Nice little plug-in, easy to configure and lets you use addic7ed without a hitch.

• Like 1

​You still get the malevolent ads?

Hi,

Yes I do 

1 search equals 1 redirection :( And  I do many on 1 day !