about subs

WRC

We don`t own them, but WE do the work for them. Of course anybody can do anything with them, but morally it`s not right. If you think about it, nowadays we give them the content ( most of it, some of it, few of it ) their users are there in the first place... they should at least show a little appreciation for it. Subtitle websites are not illegal anyway. They stand somewhere between the legal and illegal border.
Well it's easy for you to say stop whining... check by sometimes and help with a few files... see the amount of work and the hour some of us wake up at just for you or others to have Supernatural or any other show when you wake up.
Maybe you`ll whine too, or at least be a little raged if some1 "steals" your work :-)

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Subtitle websites are not illegal anyway. They stand somewhere between the legal and illegal border.

wrong. subtitles are copyright protected material, and you do host them on site, unlike the ****s, which makes you accesoir in crime. anyone who is in "subtitle business" still remember culling of spanish and polish sub sites, as well as slovenian and croatian. after that mayhem, new guys surfaced, as it will always be, but just till time corporations take a closer look at your piece of world. unlike anime subbers, you don't get c&d courteasy,you just go offline and are sued.

and yeah, stop whinning. your work is appriciated, but not essential. chinese did same thing before you, and will long after you stop. thank for your hard work, but grow up a pair.

It's not about who does what and who did what when. It's just a common sense request to leave the credits of the subs we work so hard for as we put them. Illegal or not, new in the business or not, fast or not, I simply don't care. I just want the subtitles we make to remain unedited. And if this means that we are whining, well excuse me, wait for the chinese to do the subs and upload theirs wherever you want.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I am for freedom of speech and the access to cultural heritage of all areas to all other areas.
And i am ready and prepared to go to jail for it, any time, any place.

The self-rightouus legalists are not my best friends, I am afraid.

People here make a wondefrul job making other cultures visions accessible to all. And a lot of hard work, well done, for free, totally voluntarily and non-profit. I would cross ANY legal boundaries for that, any time.

In the same time, one has to give credit where credit is due. And take responsibilities as well. Thank you, addic7ed crew for standing up to the Code.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It is completely true that the manuscript, i.e. the what the actors say to each other in movies and series, is under copyright (intellectual property).

As such, sites like addic7ed are illegal because they post something they do not own the rights to post, and they do so by transcribing or ripping, both of which are equally illegal and in fact just as illegal as if they posted the show itself in video form.

Based on this, I do not understand why the people who do this whine about others removing the transcription/rip credits they do not have the right to put in the subtitles in the first place!!!!!

HELLOOOOOO... if you want to be an anarchist you do NOT have the right to take credit for anything. The same with game crackers... battling against each others for copying cracks, etc.... it is hilarious because they try to make their own rules, when in fact they hate the rules of the society (stealing is forbidden).

It's not about who does what and who did what when. It's just a common sense request to leave the credits of the subs we work so hard for as we put them. Illegal or not, new in the business or not, fast or not, I simply don't care. I just want the subtitles we make to remain unedited. And if this means that we are whining, well excuse me, wait for the chinese to do the subs and upload theirs wherever you want.

Read my earlier post. It is NOT common sense, far from it, because you don't care about the copyright holders' rights to decide who should do what you do. Why then do you "feel" you have the right to a credit that's not yours to claim?

Ok.... but isn't using stolen stuff forbidden too? Just wondering what are you doing here...

Anyway... it's the work, you see?
Stolen or not.. some people work for them. They credit the work they do, not the transcript or anything else. Just the work.

Imagine you work for something and then i just tell everyone i did all the work.
How will that make you feel?

Just wondering, how many subtitles did you sync / make / translate in your life? (no really, want an answer for this one)

It's not like posting the actual video file. All we do is provide an enhancement. I'm not saying it's illegal or not.. but you can't compare.
You can use a video file without a subtitles... but it doesn't work vice-versa.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I'll be short. I never claimed I came up with what it is said in the subtitles. I never said those words are my work. This u must understand. My credits reflect entirely what I did. Legal or no legal, this is not the issue. I only say "Sync by". I don't take credit for anyone's work.

Why aren't lyrics sites illegal?

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 3 weeks later...