Strike\Cormoran Strike\Lethal White...?

seaberry

Looking for a little information, please.

I'm thoroughly confused over the online labeling of the latest addition to the series.

Some folks call it 'Season 4, Episode 2' while others call it 'Season 1, Episode 8'.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

Thank you ?

Kia ora, @seaberry!

Let's start with the name of the show. It's mainly a UK production, co-produced in part by the US and Canada. In the UK, the show airs on BBC One and it's called "Strike". In the US, it airs on Cinemax, and in Canada, it airs on HBO Canada. In the US and Canada, the show is called "C.B. Strike".

Each season of the show adapts one of the Cormoran Strike series of novels written by Robert Galbraith which is a pseudonym of J. K. Rowling.

Season 1 is called "The Cuckoo's Calling" after the first novel. Season 2 is called "The Silkworm" after the second novel. Season 3 is called "Career of Evil" after the third novel. Finally, the recently released Season 4 is called "Lethal White" after the fourth novel.

The first two seasons aired consecutively one after the other from August 27 to September 17, 2017. There was confusion even then among the Scene groups whether to label them as different seasons or as a single season. The answer is very simple. Officially BBC promoted them as distinct seasons (in the UK they are called "series"). So the Scene had to follow the official line. Most release groups labelled them as different seasons, and those few which initially labelled them as a singe season, they later renumbered them.

The confusion continued when Season 3 was released in early 2018. Most groups correctly labelled the videos as Season 3. Initially a few groups labelled them as Season 2 because they considered the first two seasons as a single one. And a few other groups labelled them as part of an extended Season 1. Again, all the mislabelled videos were soon correctly re-labelled.

It seems that the confusion carried on with the release of Season 4. The very first videos were labelled as part of a single extended Season 1. But the same videos and all new ones were soon correctly labelled as Season 4. You may still come across videos with the old labelling but you will also find the same videos correctly labelled somewhere else.

So, that's it, that's the reason, a simple case of mislabelling by a few release groups.

But I bear some good news as well. On September 15, 2020, the fifth novel in the Cormoran Strike series is being published in the UK. It's called "Troubled Blood". Although there is no official announcement yet, I have it on good authority that this too will be adapted for TV. Expect it sometime in 2022, probably summer or autumn. ?

Kia pai tō rā! :)

• Like 1

@SherlockHu : As you can clearly see in the link you provided, the name of the show is "Strike". "The Cuckoo's Calling" etc. are not names of different shows, they are the names of the individual seasons/series. That's why they are on the same page and not on different pages as distinct shows.

5 hours ago, Costa Dax said:

@SherlockHu : As you can clearly see in the link you provided, the name of the show is "Strike". "The Cuckoo's Calling" etc. are not names of different shows, they are the names of the individual seasons/series. That's why they are on the same page and not on different pages as distinct shows.

I didn't say they are different shows, and I know exactly it's called Strike. I've read all the books, watched the show, and I love Robin and Cormoran.

What I'm saying, it's that this show is very differen from others, they cannot be simply identified as series, certainly not seasons, cuz UK usually does not use "season".

BBC iPlayer lables all these charpters by the book names, and they put them by the order of the books.

So all we need to know is the names and the order of these books.

THAT, is what I'm saying above.

Hi Costa Dax, mihi aroha. Thanks so much for the fulsome explanation, I understand now.

One more question, if you'd be so kind.

I've downloaded two new Strike episodes - I think they are 1 and 2 of the new series.

I've checked that the subtitles work, but I don't want to see too much in case I watch them out of sequence.

One episode starts with the usual opening montage- thingy of music and stills, then segues into Robin's wedding at 47 secs.

The other episode starts immediately with Strike talking to Minister Chiswell through a car's open window, but the scene is the first of several brief flashbacks, which seems to indicate it might be episode two.

Does that sound right?

Kia pai to ra whakata!