Bit confused

MAlice

Hello!

I'm not even sure if this goes here because there doesn't seem to be a 'help' section in the forum, but here it goes.

I've been using the website for a while, and HI! I figured I'd start contributing! My bff and roommate needs subs while I don't, so I figured I could help out in the shows we wait to watch together.

But I can't.

Somewhere I found that apparently you have to wait after creating an account before you can contribute, and that this amount of time is 'secret'. Sure. Okay. It took me a good while to even find that info. Is this it? Or is there a side wide glitch?? Because if I'm too new to contribute, that's fine. But that should also be clear? I would expect an 'error' message that says 'hey sorry you're too much of a baby account to access this, yet', that's not uncommon. But right now, when I try to work on subs, I see the rules, and when I hit join, I end up back on the home page. Considering the subs I'm trying to contribute to haven't moved for several days, I'm wondering if it's just a huge glitch, rather than just a recent account.

I dunno, man. I just wanted to dive in.

Anyway. In case anyone else is confused....

Hi, welcome on the forum!

Indeed, you have to wait a bit, as indicated in our FAQ ;) (part 3C), you can read it all there:

Have a good day!

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:44 PM, chamallow said:

Hi, welcome on the forum!

Indeed, you have to wait a bit, as indicated in our FAQ ;) (part 3C), you can read it all there:

Have a good day!

Yes. That was indeed the post I was referencing. So, I guess this is a note from a developper to your developpers. A simple error message that goes "Hi! You'll be able to do this soon!" would be very helpful. It would tell a newcomer that a) they haven't done a wrong manip, b) the site isn't glitching, and c) this is normal. :)

Have a good one!

• Like 1

Indeed. Although, every new user receives a PM on the site with a link to the FAQ, that they're supposed to read ;)

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.