Guide to Syncing with SubtitleEdit

dny238

Here's a guide I wrote to explain two new ways to Sync subtitles using Subtitle Editor.

I think both methods could arguably be the fasted way to sync.

The first method assumes the file you're syncing is from a CC source. New functions inside of SE make it exteremly simple to sync files like this.

The second method assumes the whole subtitle is a mess and you're going to have to sync each line, one at a time. Using some simple keyboard shortcuts you can sync these subtitles in a few minutes more than realtime.

Please provide feedback on the IRC channel.
Dny238

LE: Check out, too

Syncing with Subtitle Edit.doc

Edited by DrJackson
Keep update.
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a guide I wrote to explain two new ways to Sync subtitles using Subtitle Editor.
[snip]

Dny238

Very nice guide - well written. And it pointed me to a fine piece of software. Double appreciated!
TJGeezer

• 5 months later...

Thanks!!!

thanx but it seems like an exhausting job..isn't there anything easier 'cos I'd rather watch the movie without all this fuss.
Sorry this reply was meant for the original post by dny238

thanx but it seems like an exhausting job..isn't there anything easier 'cos I'd rather watch the movie without all this fuss.
Sorry this reply was meant for the original post by dny238

lol, u probably thought what we do is a one click job, right? :)
  • Like 2

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 1 month later...

[...]

Right now, this guide must be updated.
SE have so many changes since that tutorial was posted.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

I actually use aegisub, it has advanced functions, also it's easier to sync because it has a waveform display for a proper sync with the audio and you can use shift times for shifting several lines at the same time.
It really is a lot easier and faster than Subtitle Edit.

I actually use aegisub, it has advanced functions, also it's easier to sync because it has a waveform display for a proper sync with the audio and you can use shift times for shifting several lines at the same time.
It really is a lot easier and faster than Subtitle Edit.

I understood that aegisub are a little bit less good than VSS.
SE have also a wave form display feature.

And when I was looking last time at post title it was Guide to syncing with SE, not what sync software do you use!

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Nice guide - thx :)

SE 3.0/3.1 has the "Translation helper" in the main window. Show video and/or waveform, then choose the "Adjust" tab in the lower left corner, so you get the adjust buttons (+F9/F0 shortcuts).
You can use "mouse single click+Ctrl+Shift" in the waveform to set-start-offset-rest.

Also, I'm working on upgrading the help page to SE 3.1: http://www.nikse.dk/se/Help.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first method assumes the file you're syncing is from a CC source. New functions inside of SE make it exteremly simple to sync files like this.

The second method assumes the whole subtitle is a mess and you're going to have to sync each line, one at a time. Using some simple keyboard shortcuts you can sync these subtitles in a few minutes more than realtime.

Dny238

Thank you very very much !!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Dny238

Thank you very much !!!

• 7 months later...