VIP rank and AutoGrabbing subtitles

alex28

OK, innuit, we got you, ever since your first post we understood we are replaceable, anyone can do our job, we don't provide anything special bla bla bla... Please show us some irreplaceable work that you do and then maybe you will be entitled to tell us how lame we are. Thanks.

so cute when angry, hb :P
facts of life:1)everyone is replaceable; 2)next generation is usually better and faster than previous and 3) any goddamn thing on internet automatically have fans and haters :)
usual ways to deal with those facts: 1) not true, not!; 2)old ways are better, we don't need changes (with jelaous look to future) and 3)if i'm gonna give a damn, i'm gonna hate it :P

Addic7ed.com will continue to provide the best subtitle service, and www.sub-talk.net/ will still be available, and they will still be FREE for all and any who want them.

And here's the interesting part: some people are complaining! Loudly!

It's a strange old world.

no, strange is your lack of attention.
since alex explained that there will not be any changes in "open source" policy of addic7ed, complaining stopped. just the opposite, as i can see here and on fb, an idea of independent application is widely supported.
everything after that is classic topic gone off-topic. :)

Ok, innuit. There was no transcript for How I Met Your Mother today. I did it by myself from scratch, typing every word, in 2h. The Chinese did not do it yet. Should I wait 3-4 days? Should we wait for the French? Should I keep it for myself? You wanna make bets who's gonna replace us?

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

ok, what do you wanna hear? "lucky you, because you have 2 hours spare to do your hobby"? "poor you, why you torment yourself with that awful show"? "bravo, hb, you're the greatest!"?

you (all of addic7ed) provide a free service which many, me included, find very valuable. but if you can't take a bit of criticism or joke, what's the point?

The point is the criticism must be justified.

And there was no criticism, you just said something like "Pff, I don't know why you whine about credits removal, everybody can do what you do." and then "if you don't do it someone else will do it". It's just an offensive disrespect to our work that you kept having.

I never said you should build me a statue, I never said you should thank us for everything we do, I just said that you kept telling us what a useless work we do and you're damn right I got angry. Because you do nothing, you just leech our work and even more you come here to tell us we don't have the right to protest against credits removal and that we are replaceable and bla bla bla...

Please, keep ur opinions on topic.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Hmmm, reading all those above, i`m start thinking that maybe it is better with VIP account only...

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

It's better if you're lazy to visit the website. If you have nothing against web downloading... it's not.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

That means VIP's are lazy? :D
As usual, i want to say something, but seems it do not work :D
These linguistic difficulties...

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi Alex28. How much do I have to donate to get VIP status?

Also, you referred to FaceBook and Twitter.....What do I have to do and has it started yet? :s

AutoGrabbing subtitles sounds like "AutoGrabbing cash opportunity"! LOL :D *just kidding*

Hey honeybunny! I like the picture of the bunny!

BTW, you guys and gals are doing a FANTASTIC job with the subtitles!

PayPal e-mail address (so i know it's you who donated :P)

@Chris: there's no min. amount to it... but it shouldn't be 50 cents either (like i got the other day). 1-2E as minimum let's say (yeah i know it's not a big difference between 50 cents and 1E / $ but it would take a lot of donations to keep the server running out of 0.50E payments).

No, it has not started yet. You will know when it did, trust me.

I'm all for "freedom of speech". I like to hear all the opinions people have... sometimes it helps.
Banning or blocking is out of discussion... + he's fun (reminds me of Grumpy Old Men for some reason).

And I thought that I was the only real Grumpy Old Man in the house - I mean, does anyone else wear cardigans?

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

I've been away a few days and I see innuit has continued on. You responded to individual parts of my post with stuff that does not even relate to what I said. I think hunnybunny has pretty much explained it some more but from your response to her you still don't get it. At this point I don't think it would be worth anyone's time to try and point out where you went wrong or what about your comments is skewed.

Anyhow, do whatever you gotta do, I am going to support Addic7ed because I already know they are BETTER and faster than any of the other sites you mentioned and many that you didn't.

If you feel your other sites you use are better and/or faster then by all means go support them, I am sure they could use your help.

• 10 months later...

About the Autograbbing subtitles program, do you know if there will be a way to automate it?

Right now, i autodownload all the episodes and put them on my xbmc htpc automaticly, but i must get the subs manually :(

• 1 year later...

Any update on this front? I was wondering how to download my favorite shows subs quicker than today: clic-clic-clic ... not that much of a pain but as long as my shows are registered as fovorites, ideally it would be nice to have them downloaded automatically in the same folder as my favorite episodes ...
thanks