Raw subs for Minder Series 1 (1979)

Pindiu

Thanks very much!

The colours are an interesting way of showing different people speaking. I've never seen that. I'll have to resync these for my 25fps version.

This is good text, in order for: 1. Gunfight @ OK Laundrette 2. Bury me half @ waltham green 3. The smaller they are... 4. A tethered goat 5. The bounty hunter 6. Aces high and sometimes very low 7. The bengal tiger (The Release Order)

There are so many more episodes. I hope some more subtitles are made/found. This is one of my favorite 70's-80's T.V. series from the UK. Along with The Sweeney.

Edited by ChuckBrown
"70-80's" ~90's and a typo

On 9/10/2021 at 1:21 PM, eggie1961 said:

Very nice, but S01 has 11 episodes and this file has only 7. Also will more be coming?

Sorry, not sure how that happened. New zip uploaded with all 11 eps.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Pindiu said:

Sorry, not sure how that happened. New zip uploaded with all 11 eps.

No worries! Thank you! Much appreciated.

I'll be to resyncing them for my 25FPS version anyway. That will take time.

Thanks again!

Edited by ChuckBrown
Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 5:19 AM, ChuckBrown said:

I'll be to resyncing them for my 25FPS version anyway. That will take time.

There are much huge problem then recynh - there are a lot of missing lines. In ep.4 - almost half an hour at all. (I make it to 1337 version.)

I did try to make it, but it's to difficult with my English ((  

But to resync - it is really easy for me - I can resync it all for your version (if you send me a link to it) and I will be really very thankfull if you write missing lines to me. I half done ep 4, so you don't need to do ep 1-4.

Edited by 7kozlov
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:31 AM, 7kozlov said:

There are much huge problem then recynh - there are a lot of missing lines. In ep.4 - almost half an hour at all. (I make it to 1337 version.)

I did try to make it, but it's to difficult with my English ((  

But to resync - it is really easy for me - I can resync it all for your version (if you send me a link to it) and I will be really very thankfull if you write missing lines to me. I half done ep 4, so you don't need to do ep 1-4.

I noticed missing lines of text. In the first episode, when he kicks the man out of the strip club..... A half hour?! That's half the show!

I'm not sure if I am allowed to give a link or source am I? I can say that it has these properties:

"Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x480 25fps 1640kbps
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 165kbps"

It's a larger file size 4:3 iTV Rip... It's not the most popular version. But it's the best quality I've found. It all came as one link called: "Minder (1979)" It's 65GB. Z0DiAC99.

If that is sourcing then I've broken a rule. Sorry!

I've only synced the first 10 minutes of episode 1... If you have/get the files I would be happy to help complete them.

But I don't expect you to get an entire series, for 11 episode subtitles.

I just ended episode 6. There was only 1 line missing! Hoorey!!

Sorry, I am not very good in rules. Especialy in English. I made it for version that I founded in 1337.

Minder s01 e06 Aces High and Sometimes Very Low.avi  MPEG-4 Visual  AVI  - 450 MiB - 464x352 - 4:3 - 25.000 FPS - 49 min 0 s - 1 284 kb/s - VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1

And I really intend to do all 11 episodes ))  Episodes 1-6 are on Addic7ed now - hope they mach for your version.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:28 PM, ChuckBrown said:

... If you have/get the files I would be happy to help complete them.

I hope there is no more such uncomplete subtitles as it was for episode 4. (almost 300 lines was missing)

But if I'll find some too difficult missing lines in the rest episodes (7-11) I will be very thankfull if you find time to help me with it. I hope that exchanging srt files is no harm to any rules and regulations )) 

ADD  and there is - only one such line in episode 7, but bloody difficult to me. It will be very nice if someone with good English could help me with it.

That is (line 458):

00:29:14,880 --> 00:29:16,776
He's beautiful.

00:29:17,259 --> 00:29:20,935
We was gonna move in with my mom, but she
would never on account her being colored.

00:29:20,959 --> 00:29:22,176
Your mom?

00:29:22,200 --> 00:29:25,582
She don't want live with ???????
????????????  in the house.    --- (I'm not sure about any letters here))

Edited by 7kozlov
add lines
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, 7kozlov said:

I hope there is no more such uncomplete subtitles as it was for episode 4. (almost 300 lines was missing)

Me too!

On 10/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, 7kozlov said:

I hope that exchanging srt files is no harm to any rules and regulations

I'm pretty sure Srt. sharing is A-OK. "Chile-Verde" has posted Zips to many Srt.'s for me.

Strangely, I downloaded the files from "Addic7ed" ... Episode 1 was in sync... But other episodes are out of sync? I tried 1,3,4 and 6.

It could be the intro, or commercial breaks on my file/ vice versa.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, 7kozlov said:

Minder s01 e06 Aces High and Sometimes Very Low.avi  MPEG-4 Visual  AVI  - 450 MiB - 464x352 - 4:3 - 25.000 FPS - 49 min 0 s 

I just checked the properties of my E6 (Length 45:27, 581Mb) My files are too different. Though 25FPS will help me syncing.

Keep up the good work! I know that people will use your subtitles. I can upload your files onto OpenSubtitles. If you want.

You can post them anonymously. Or start your own profile, if you don't have one!

When you use VLC media player sub search... It scans OpenSubtitles for files.

I looked for your section @ 455-458 but I cannot find where the correct audio section is because my episode time is different.

It's 2Am so I won't search for their conversation now.

But I can guess they may have used the German word for black. "She don't wanna live with a Schwarzer" spoken with a cockney accent.

Second line would be a curse (Bleedin', Bloody, blimey, Some other negative slang) and then "Schwarzer" again... I'm only guessing though. I haven't heard the section.

When you finish what you can, I will download the files.. and do my best to help you finish those tricky lines, filled with accent and slang.

I can use the text after, when I resync my version. Thanks!

Although I did like the changing colour when different people spoke. It removed --- Dashed for speaking, and made more room for fast talking Brits.

Edited by ChuckBrown
Help Offered

Hi again.

There is something else then Schwarz. But I'am not sure about whole sentence. OK  I'll post it with  ************** for now.

Colors are not so clearly. It is definitely good when it works properly. But:

1. When lines on tv (like my) are literally <font color=yellow>Eh?</font> - there is no "more room" ))

2. There are also some mistakes in that colored titles -sometimes  two people - one color. And it is a little bit harder for me to fix colors then just add (or remoove) dashes.

And thanks again, I have my own profile on OpenSubtitles. But if you want, you may.

6 hours ago, ChuckBrown said:

I looked for your section @ 455-458 but I cannot find where the correct audio section is because my episode time is different.

I think I founded your version (65 Mb) but it is too slowly downloading(( even only one season) I have also founded ТVС version - it seems similar to your. You see, synh is realy easy for me, so, I made titles for TVC - maybe it fit with your version.

Minder_S01_E07_The_Bengal_Tiger.TVC.en.Hi.srt Minder_S01_E07_The_Bengal_Tiger.TVC.en.srt

Edited by 7kozlov
ТVС instead of *** ))

8 hours ago, 7kozlov said:

Colors are not so clearly. It is definitely good when it works properly. But:

1. When lines on tv (like my) are literally <font color=yellow>Eh?</font> - there is no "more room" ))

2. There are also some mistakes in that colored titles -sometimes  two people - one color. And it is a little bit harder for me to fix colors then just add (or remoove) dashes.

And thanks again, I have my own profile on OpenSubtitles. But if you want, you may.

Ahh that makes sense. Yes, the colours make it take a lot longer to fix errors.

You upload them! My version is not popular. Your subtitles will work for more people.

No, the TVC is not in sync for me either! Nice work finishing all those missing lines on E4.

I found the section in E7. Wow... He talks fast. 458 He says: "She don't mind living among 'em. But she draws the line at having one in the house."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckBrown said:

I found the section in E7. Wow... He talks fast. 458 He says: "She don't mind living among 'em. But she draws the line at having one in the house."

Many many thanks!!  Great! It is not only a fast talk, it is not articulated at all...

I'm downloading now your version (65Mb) but TOO slow (( Don't understand why. ТVС version was finished within some minuts)   If and when I will get it, I'll recynh for it, no problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7kozlov said:

Many many thanks!!  Great! It is not only a fast talk, it is not articulated at all...

I'm downloading now your version (65Mb) but TOO slow (( Don't understand why. ТVС version was finished within some minuts)   If and when I will get it, I'll recynh for it, no problem.

You're welcome! He really does mumble and slur. It's like he's talking without a tounge.

Don't worry about downloading it! I have had other versions of Minder... I could easily download episodes that would be in sync with yours!

I chose the one a have, for the 640x480p and audio quality. 

Yes that file downloads slowly. I think I left my PC running for days... You really don't have to download it.

I could find the commercial breaks, and do a quick resync myself. Your files are better than the RAW. Should resync for me easier.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:12 AM, 7kozlov said:

00:29:17,259 --> 00:29:20,935
We was gonna move in with my mom, but she
would never on account her being colored.

00:29:20,959 --> 00:29:22,176
Your mom?

Please note: Minder is a British series. And Brits never say "mom", that is 100% American. Brits always say "mum".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 7kozlov said:

I got Ep7 - so, resynh for your version (Z0DiAC99 45min 46sec) with some small cutted fragments

Minder - S01.E07 - The Bengal Tiger.Z0DiAC99.en.Hi.srt 55.27 kB · 0 downloads

Hey! Thanks a lot! It is in-sync with the Z0DiAC99. I didn't watch the whole episode, but I scanned through and it's great. Works perfectly.

Yes, it was cut slightly for the tv re-run. I downloaded all the versions I could find online, and then selected this one for it's quality.

(I don't like 4:3 changed into 16:10 cropping. I don't care about file size. The other versions are smaller = more popular.)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Time to get down and dirty!

Minder is a great show. There are still no subtitles. I want them for myself.

I did Philip Marlowe easily... But that Cockney accent can throw me off. (Cossack? No, he said Cozzer, then jumped.) 

Time to hop on SubEdit and start season 2+... That is going to take a long time.

Anyone want to help me? I am using 25FPS, "Minder Series 1-10 Complete." 

1 episode a day could take me a year... Plus I have a life.

• Like 1