Agatha Christies Poirot Murder On The Orient Express And Marple

Chris

Hi. Does anyone have English subtitles for Agatha Christie's Poirot Murder on the Orient Express which was shown on Christmas Day in UK on ITV?

Also, anyone has Agatha Christie's Miss Marple that was shown on Christmas Eve?

ITV subtitles are difficult to find! :(

Thanks. :)

here you are, transcripts for poirot and marple itv airing. note that poirot is already released on dvd, so there will be missing lines in transcript if you sync it to dvd release.
when you sync and correct this transcripts, please upload them back to addic7ed.
and fyi, itv subs are not hard to find, if you look at http://english.xnv.nl/ :)

Marple.5x02.The.Secret.of.Chimneys.srt

Poirot.12x07.Murder.on.the.Orient.Express.srt

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, all the attached subtitles were all out of sync compared to those screened on ITV1.

Also, that website you referred to only offers BBC subtitles, not ITV subtitles. I asked the owner "Bean".

Had anyone had a chance to sync Poirot's subtitles? The current one on Addic7ed is also out of sync.

here you are, transcripts for poirot and marple itv airing. note that poirot is already released on dvd, so there will be missing lines in transcript if you sync it to dvd release.
when you sync and correct this transcripts, please upload them back to addic7ed.
and fyi, itv subs are not hard to find, if you look at http://english.xnv.nl/ :)

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, all the attached subtitles were all out of sync compared to those screened on ITV1.

well, duh. i didn't post subtitles, i posted transcripts. use subtitle workshop or something to sync and edit them for your needs.

Also, that website you referred to only offers BBC subtitles, not ITV subtitles. I asked the owner "Bean".

short attention span? if you bother yourself to read introductory post, you would learn that bbc subs can be found on other address, and that you need to register to see posts with itv transcripts.

Had anyone had a chance to sync Poirot's subtitles? The current one on Addic7ed is also out of sync. .

no, subs on addic7ed are perfectly in sync with releases mentioned before them. if you have another release, your problem. resync and publish them, and be useful, not just user.

Hey, hey, hey, a little patience here! :)
Maybe that user Chris is just a subtitle user and he/she really doesn't know how to sync an existing released subtitle with some other video version.

doc.

• Like 1

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Well, as ridiculous as this may sound to you, younger generation, I've worked more than 20 years with computers - since they were HUGE - and I'm a translator, but I don't have software to resync, so the subtitles I upload, most of them I downloaded in other languages and translated them myself, and I've learned to resync, but mannually, as an hobby. So, maybe other users, though not as lame as I am, younger or older, they need help to have the right subtitles. That's why Addicted.com, where now I humbly upload sometimes too, esists.
Have a HAPPY 2011!

Hi crvenooki, dr jackson and titta. Thanks for the replies.

I have no idea what subtitle workshop is and how to sync, edit them.

I have just logged in to the website and realised that they are all transcripts, not subtitles (with missing lines in the beginning).

The Marples and Poirot AVI files that I have are all from ITV1 HD channel. The subtitles for Poirot available on Addic7ed is classed as "DVDrip", so that could be the problem. Not sure about the Marples.

Dr Jackson & Titta: Hi and Happy New Year! :) Thanks for the kind words. I am a subtitle user. I have uploaded some subtitles for a few UK shows and that's about it.

Well, as ridiculous as this may sound to you, younger generation, I've worked more than 20 years with computers - since they were HUGE - and I'm a translator, but I don't have software to resync, so the subtitles I upload, most of them I downloaded in other languages and translated them myself, and I've learned to resync, but mannually, as an hobby. So, maybe other users, though not as lame as I am, younger or older, they need help to have the right subtitles. That's why Addicted.com, where now I humbly upload sometimes too, esists.
Have a HAPPY 2011!

[...]
and I've learned to resync, but mannually, as an hobby.
[...]

[...]
[...]

titta, Chris and all who will read this thread and not only, Happy New Year!

Chris, I guess your subtitle needs will be hard to acomplish, so, you can try to resync an existing subtitle with your video file using Subtitle Editor from HERE.
Just download it, unrar, and take a look what it can do.
Then, if you can't handle, just tell me.
You can also take a look HERE, it is just a very small, well, let's say... tutorial :)

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

I have just logged in to the website and realised that they are all transcripts, not subtitles (with missing lines in the beginning).

it's ok. but, if you have a need for subtitles, sooner or later you will find yourself in this position: to learn how to adapt existing subs for your video file, or to delete your file and find one that match subs. for me it was easier to learn how to change subs :)

[...]
for me it was easier to learn how to change subs

A good and nice answer.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to you I was abble to upload Marple's "The Secret of Chimneys", because I took your subtitles, that were of a Tv Station - had publicity subtitles =) and with a little help of my son that provided me workshop software, well I can't say it was easy because it was the 1st time I worked with it, but I did it, and that's what matters, I think.

Now I visited the site you mentioned but I couldn't find any more Agatha Christie's subtitles, so I'm gonna ask you a favour: if you see new ones, can you warn me?

Thank you!