Old! Addic7Ed New Version

alex28

Advanced search, design from scratch, RSS for shows ( so you can subscribe only to Lost, receiving updates for Lost only ), easier page layout and more.

Have something to add? Waiting for design suggestions or small features that you can think about ( i say small because i`m trying to keep this as a design update ).

( Started working on it about 1 week ago.. i'm still learning stuff + i have university to attend to so it might take a while. I`m hoping this release will be finished on the Lost season 6 premiere - 2 Feb )

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

that will be, as i said :P. Anything else?
( That will / might include: search in a show, search only a language, search only new versions, search quotes from an episode.. and other things i can't think at atm )

I think any corrector would welcome the opportunity to add/remove lines to existing subtitles. I do frequently find subtitles with missing lines, it would be really nice (and convenient) to fix them without having to use an external editor.

Yes... that's an issue that needs some fix. Problem is.. Addic7ed uses version system. You can create "child" translations from a file. If the parent file has 200 lines the child file can't have 201.. because the completed % would be above 100%.
There should be something that can be done.. i`ll just have to think of a convenient way for everybody.

This RSS feed will contain the URL of the actual subtitle download? so you can automatically download the subs?
what app will auto download the subs? Sounds a bit like Podcasting or uTorrent.
Rob

No. Downloading without viewing the page will never be possible. That's because the page will contain subtitle ratings and comments. You can avoid getting a nuked subtitles and we can avoid being blamed for it :P ( well somehow would be our fault, but you got my point. ).

The RSS will work like this. You will subscribe to Lost for example.
When a Lost subtitle will be uploaded, you will be notified via RSS like you are now for all the subtitles.
Additional info might be included in RSS.

I have thought ( and got emails from users and developers for auto downloading subs contacted me ) about the auto download feature... but for the moment it won't be possible ( and as i said, i think it never will ). However, we might work something out. New features will depend on the time i have and on the time i finish the new version i'm working on.

No. Downloading without viewing the page will never be possible. That's because the page will contain subtitle ratings and comments. You can avoid getting a nuked subtitles and we can avoid being blamed for it :P ( well somehow would be our fault, but you got my point. ).

I can see as a website owner that you'd want the eyeballs on your pages. But I think many people would love to see this process all become simpler, and automating that helps keep the technologically advanced users using your stuff. You can lead the charge or follow the pack.
I had RSS feeds setup to automatically download stuff from Mininova, but I used the site just as much or not more to look for things I'd yet to care enough to setup an RSS feed. Sites that don't do RSS as well drive me away from using the site entirely towards one which work.

The issue with rating subtitles is that I shouldn't rate them while I download them. I have to remember to come back to the site and rate them later after i've viewed the program. Better to provide me with a list of the subs i've downloaded recently and let me rate them in bulk from that page vs the specific one for the download.

Just my 2c.

I love your site btw. I find it a bit difficult to search, but the content is the best. Keep up the hard work.
Rob

1) I hope you can fix errors like these. They happen when you delete a duplicate episode:
54is6e.jpg

2) Also duplicate film titles can occur when someone tries to upload movie subs. Some people are too lazy enough to check and you may have 2 film titles about a film. I suggest asking users to write the iMDB link as well as the title when adding a movie sub, so that you can avoid confusion.

EDIT:
3) Sometimes the file we're translating or editing doesnt save when we click the Save button. Please fix that; it's pretty annoying for all of us.

[align=center]Clicketh!

209lnnl.png[/align]

A few suggestions witch come up in a conversation with chamallow:

It would be great if you can fix the charset encoding problem for all non english subs.

- re-arrange the subs, so the corrected ones are on top.
(I know there are in arrival order, but placing the corrected one on top,
shouldn't be much problem)

- move the order of the subs, moving them like boxes (for moderators).

- right now, if you make a translation of a corrected sub, automatically is a
corrected translation... shouldn't be like that.

- view and edit:

• add the number pages at the top of the page too.
  • a possibility to see only the modified sentences.
  • search and replace.
  • chars per line (turns red the char's counter if more that X chars per line in basic rules)
  • show the number of user currently modifying the sub.

- expel someone from the translation window, so they can see the comments (for moderators).

- ban a user from editing a specific sub, avoiding trolling a new sub (for moderators).

- when someone enters in a translation, it should appear in some place the basic rules: X chars per line, a dot in the end of the lines, etc

I can see as a website owner that you'd want the eyeballs on your pages. But I think many people would love to see this process all become simpler, and automating that helps keep the technologically advanced users using your stuff. You can lead the charge or follow the pack.
I had RSS feeds setup to automatically download stuff from Mininova, but I used the site just as much or not more to look for things I'd yet to care enough to setup an RSS feed. Sites that don't do RSS as well drive me away from using the site entirely towards one which work.

The issue with rating subtitles is that I shouldn't rate them while I download them. I have to remember to come back to the site and rate them later after i've viewed the program. Better to provide me with a list of the subs i've downloaded recently and let me rate them in bulk from that page vs the specific one for the download.

Just my 2c.

I love your site btw. I find it a bit difficult to search, but the content is the best. Keep up the hard work.
Rob

The rating system works on TV Subtitles. I came back on TVS a couple of times to rate a sub.

Don't get me wrong. I won't remove RSS, i'll try to improve RSS... but auto-downloading is not my style. But... as i'm not narrow minded i'll try to please everyone in the end...

What's your website?

• 2 weeks later...

I think any corrector would welcome the opportunity to add/remove lines to existing subtitles. I do frequently find subtitles with missing lines, it would be really nice (and convenient) to fix them without having to use an external editor.

I echo Arcinboldi's request. It would be very useful to be able to insert (or delete) a line from the editing screen.

However, I once uploaded a corrected version (there were too many changes to simply correct from the edit screen) that included added lines. One of the added lines was in the middle of the subtitle and I was unwilling to manually re-number the several hundred following lines. Accordingly, I merely duplicated the sequence number for that added line (e.g., there were TWO lines numbered 437 in the subtitle). When I subsequently downloaded that subtitle a few days later, I noticed that all the lines were properly numbered in sequence (i.e., the 2nd 437 was numbered as 438 and the numbering proceeded in order from there).

I don't know whether the system software did the renumbering or little elves (read the moderators) did the fixing. If it was the software then I would think there should be some way of allowing a user to invoke the process during editing.

Hi,
If you don`t have enough jobs to do, please concentrate on that ( :D ) :

When someone is trying to browse by shows on addic7ed.com, it doesn`t work letter selection. And that`s bad, because is a very easy way to reach what someone need.
But that is a minor problem.
Anyway, this place (i mean addic7ed) is good, verry good. And i thank you for that.

All the best.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi,
If you don`t have enough jobs to do, please concentrate on that ( :D ) :

When someone is trying to browse by shows on addic7ed.com, it doesn`t work letter selection. And that`s bad, because is a very easy way to reach what someone need.
But that is a minor problem.

Are you sure? it works for me.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I`m very sure ! I double cheked again before i wrote first post.

sorry for my english, i`m still learning :D.
And yes, that browse tool is not working, and i have all java updates needed to open same web pages. And for addic7ed.com i have some privilege settings in my browser, that means it should work fine, but it doesn`t. Anyway, is not such a big or "capital" problem, but for a good site image, maybe is better if that browse button is functionaly.

All the best.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

What browse button are u exactly talking about? Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. Post a screenshot. The links for the letters here: http://www.addic7ed.com/shows.php work for me and for other users I've asked.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Ok, if it is so, that means i have a problem with that links. Sorry to bother you.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Solved the problem, was my fault.
Sorry to bother you and thankx for help.

All the best.

:D seems i`ve chosed the right signature, :D

Anyway, perhapes a button who send you back to addic7ed.com? ( :D )

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK: