Old! Addic7Ed New Version

alex28

Not sure if this has been mentioned or suggested but a way to download all the subs available for a show for a season would be nice. I know it seems it might be tough, but say you had a set of filter options to filter the available subs by language, release (xvid/hdtv or 720p) and HI or non-HI. That would pretty much narrow you down to just 1 sub per episode for any show. Then a nice grab all button would allow you to get them all at once?

Or a little checkbox before each subtitle. Check all the boxes of the ones you want and then click a button to grab all of those at once. I can show you some examples of what I mean if you are curious how it would look or work.

Thanks again for a great site and for showing that you strive to make it even better.

You have the "Back to top" button in right.

You're right honeybunny, but if you check a few threads on this board, what are you doing next?
Back, Back, Back ...., or is more elegant to have a control named "Back to addic7ed"?

All the best.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Oh, I thought u meant from the browse page on addic7ed. You mean from here, in forums, right?

Right.
In addition, from addic7ed is not keep logging into the forum, or vice versa.

I hope you do not get mad for this, i don`t want to seem grumpy, are some observations that may help as a good thing to be even better.

The idea is that not everyone can set his/hers browser to open pages in a new window or new tab.
Extra bonus: D I saw in the public script for addic7ed web page , a clause statement for IE7. In my case, did not work to "browse by shows" for the simple reason that i have IE8 and i must to set compatibility view for addic7ed view. Small things ...

All the best.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

The site and the forum have two different databases, so u can't have just one account for both. I think this is what u meant, though I am not sure I understood.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

In order for you to have a better browsing experience ( on addic7ed and the world wide web ) i suggest using Firefox, Opera or Safari.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Hi! I'm new here. Nice site! I would love if I could search in advanced mode so it only shows the latest movies (not TV shows) subtitles and with HD. That would be perfect! I have looked all around Internet for a site like that so I could "feed" it. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Related to the encoding issue:

There is a need for an easy way to upload UTF-8 encoded subtitles that are interpreted by the site as “UTF-8 encoded”, not as “Windows-1252 needing to be converted to UTF-8”… I assume that whenever the uploader selects English from the dropdown, it is assumed that the incoming file is CP1252 encoded, Greek ? CP1253 etc.

An example of Python code to convert an downloaded subtitle to normal UTF-8 is here: http://bpaste.net/show/9480/

• 2 months later...

I would disable the multidownloads/hide them for people who are not logged in.
Because sometimes it takes 5 minutes to tick the subs I want ... And after ticking them all, I hit the download button AND. I m unable to use multidowload feature, because Im not logged in ! - After that I have to tick em again and download them.
Possible solutions: HIDE multidownload for the users that are not logged in
OR
SHOW some kind of warning that user isnt logged in, but keep the boxes "ticked" so he wont have to tick them again after logging.

PS: Im sorry if you have this suggestion here, Im seriously in a hurry ! Glad to hear the strike ended !

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned or suggested but a way to download all the subs available for a show for a season would be nice. I know it seems it might be tough, but say you had a set of filter options to filter the available subs by language, release (xvid/hdtv or 720p) and HI or non-HI. That would pretty much narrow you down to just 1 sub per episode for any show. Then a nice grab all button would allow you to get them all at once?

Or a little checkbox before each subtitle. Check all the boxes of the ones you want and then click a button to grab all of those at once. I can show you some examples of what I mean if you are curious how it would look or work.

Thanks again for a great site and for showing that you strive to make it even better.

This features are on the list for the new site.

Related to the encoding issue:

There is a need for an easy way to upload UTF-8 encoded subtitles that are interpreted by the site as “UTF-8 encoded”, not as “Windows-1252 needing to be converted to UTF-8”… I assume that whenever the uploader selects English from the dropdown, it is assumed that the incoming file is CP1252 encoded, Greek ? CP1253 etc.

An example of Python code to convert an downloaded subtitle to normal UTF-8 is here: http://bpaste.net/show/9480/

If the srt contains a utf8 BOM, it will be imported at UTF8, regards of the language chosen.
If it is missing the bom, it tries to check if it needs utf8 or a language specific encoding, or of it can stick with ansi.

Please let us know if you get unexpected behavior, I have improved importing dramatically, but some languages haven't been tested well. We just fix croatian this week for example.
Thanks
Dny238

Because sometimes it takes 5 minutes to tick the subs I want ... And after ticking them all, I hit the download button AND. I m unable to use multidowload feature, because Im not logged in ! - After that I have to tick em again and download them.
OR
SHOW some kind of warning that user isnt logged in, but keep the boxes "ticked" so he wont have to tick them again after logging.

PS: Im sorry if you have this suggestion here, Im seriously in a hurry ! Glad to hear the strike ended !

Interesting! This is annoying...
I will see what I can do.
Thanks
Dny238
  • Like 1

OR

I put in a javascript alert. Let me know if this solves the issue.
dny