The Crimson Petal And The White (Bbc 2011) 720P Fov

Emm

Hi, I think this is a long shot, but could someone please make QUALITY English subs for this mini series? I'm fully aware that you can find the English subs on Addic7ed, but quite frankly, although I'm really grateful, they are far from the quality ones and the ones you can find on the other sites are the same as far as I know.

It'd be greatly appreciated if someone who's skilled enough could make clean, perfectly-in-sync subs for this series.

They are FOV releases. Thank you.

It's not a long shot, as far as someone interested in this miniseries is kind enough to spare some time reformatting the existing subs.

I'm curious, though, as to how you define "quality". I just browsed the first few minutes of episode 1... You are right: The text seems about half a second fast. Also, I'm seeing that dialogues aren't distinguished with dashes: this is quite common with UK subtitles; They are understandable enough, I believe. It is proper cased and I'm seeing no other blatant issues. Granted, I didn't watch the entire episode, nor I've checked the other 3 installments.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, I did a quick resync of 1x01 and uploaded it. Please check it and let me know if that's what you're talking about.

As far as the other stuff... perhaps you can help yourself, us, and the other 570 people who have downloaded these subtitles during the elapsed 18 months they've been available:
Why don't you, in the true spirit of collaboration, spare a couple of hours and correct the lines at fault?

You may want to check this thread:

We'll gladly welcome your contribution once you upload it.

The chickens are revolting!

Thanks for your reply, Alice.

How I define "quality"... well, first and formost, timing. That's a top priority for me, and normally I get it from Addic7ed, but unfortunately not this series. And thank you for doing a resync for me. That's exactly what I was talking about, and yours was just fine. And, yes, the dialogues with no dashes do bother me but it's tolerable, I guess.

(I would have done this myself a long time ago if I could, but lots of stuff have prevented me from doing so. I really wish I could, but I have no idea when I'll have the time to learn how to do it myself so I decided I'd post and ask here. If no one will ever help me, that's totally fine. I'll just let it go. ;) )

You have the videos.. you have the desire... there's the software that'll aid you in you quality quest. All you need to do is click the "Synchronization/adjust all times" tab... Oh, so easy... Go fish, young man! =).

The chickens are revolting!

It's not a long shot, as far as someone interested in this miniseries is kind enough to spare some time reformatting the existing subs.

And that someone is me!! I don't know how I missed this, really. And I'm quite kind too :P so....
Since Alice did already the first one, I'll do the rest. I guess they will be ready in a few days :).

Anyway, one question, I couldn't find a FoV release for the fourth, only BiA.
I notice that the subtitles in addic7ed from the fourth episode are labeled as FoV, but all the translations (italian is the exception) are for BiA. Are you sure your video is FoV?

And yes, you have to learn to fish :) !!
QRWMR.jpg

You have the videos.. you have the desire... there's the software that'll aid you in you quality quest. All you need to do is click the "Synchronization/adjust all times" tab... Oh, so easy... Go fish, young man! =).

I know, I know... maybe I'll try when I have the time. Thanks again for taking the time to respond and doing a resync for the first episode.

Anyway, one question, I couldn't find a FoV release for the fourth, only BiA.
I notice that the subtitles in addic7ed from the fourth episode are labeled as FoV, but all the translastions (italian is the exception) are for BiA. Are you sure your video is FoV?

Oh my God, thank you, sopa33! I honestly thought this was going to be a long shot, so I really appreciate it. As for the fourth video, yeah I thought it was FOV, but I've changed the file name and now I'm not so sure, and it's totally possible it was from BiA. Sorry for the confusion, and it'd be great if you could do it for BiA anyway. THANK YOU!!!