The Bridge

warlock

Hi.

The episode titles, numbers and order of the posted subs are now correct, as far as can be determined, and as I now understand it.

The Addic7ed subs are for "scene" ****ed episodes, but there was no 'scene' release - or transcripts - for episode 3 (The Fat Lady Sings The Blues).

The original titles of the sub files followed the published episode list, so with ep.3 missing, the next one that came along after ep.2 was regarded as being ep.3 - but was really episode 4. (Comparing the avi with the episode synopsis soon makes this obvious.)

To add to the confusion, the **** episode numbering of the 'scene' releases is different from the published episode lists, i.e.,

- CTV, TVRage...etc, refer to the double-episode pilot as Episode 101/102 (and the next one, "Episode 3"),

- the **** for the double first episode is labelled as "s01e01" (and the next one, "s01e02").

There is an indi **** for episode 3, but being 'indi', no transcripts are available.
Any subs for this episode will have to be transcribed manually, word for word. If anyone is willing to do this, I'm sure that many people will be grateful.

The 'scene'-capped ****s for this series are caps of the Canadian airings, which is why they are not widely available - they don't even appear in the EZTV list.
(Diligent searching will find them; again, I recommend a **** search engine like Bit Che, from www.convivea.com I just searched, and I can see most episodes - but remember the episode numbering confusion!)

Meanwhile, CBS is planning to air the series in the US this summer - but there's the rub...

Because episodes are already being capped and ****ed from the Canadian airings, it is probable that no "scene" capping will be done of the US airings, and so, again, little chance of subs.
C'est la vie.

I hope that all made sense. It's all very confusing, I know, and required two cups of coffee and 3 cigarettes to write.

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

Hi SpyderSpyder,
I'm sorry, mabe I was not very clear in my message :(

You actuallu DO have subs for the 3rd episode, "Fat Lady Sings the Blues", only it's assigned to the 4th. And so on, n. 5 actually belongs to ep. 4 and n. 6 to ep. 5.
You should list them re-inserting ep. 3, slide all subs to the previous and erase n. 6, for which you don't have subs.

Than way it'll be correct.

I hope I was clear, I'm not english mother tongue :P

Don't worry about your English - it's very good.
It is I who am not being clear enough...

No - there is no sub for Ep.3, because there is no "official" **** for episode 3, only an indi release which is not widely available.

Test it:

If you have an .avi for Ep.3, watch parts of it...

If the opening shows a Pilsner delivery truck turning into the car park of a motel, and if the plot later appears to be about a hostage situation in the motel restaurant, then that is actually Ep.4, "The Unguarded Moment".

(The subs have to follow the Ep. numbers of the released ****s, which are different from the CTV numbering - and different from other sites as well!)

I hope this helps.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, all.

Just a reminder of what's happening with these releases...

Confused (wrong) numbering and titling of release episodes continues.

The correct numbering and titling, as per the CTV broadcast dates and schedule (and the scheme being applied to Addic7ed subs), is:

1x01 05/Mar Red Door
1x02 05/Mar Paint It Black
1x03 12/Mar The Fat Lady Sings The Blues
1x04 19/Mar The Unguarded Moment
1x05 26/Mar Vexation of Spirit
1x06 02/Apr Damned If You Do
1x07 09/Apr God Bless the Child
1x08 16/Apr Brown Sugar
1x09 23/Apr Painted Ladies
1x10 30/Apr Never Let Me Down Again
1x11 07/May The Blame Game
1x12 14/May Voices Carry
1x13 21/May Chain of Fools

(There was no "scene" release of 1x03.Fat Lady Sings The Blues; this was not recognised in subsequent "scene" releases, making all "scene" ep. numbers and titles one step out of sync.)

The latest episode (just released) is actually "1x12.Voices Carry" (NOT 1x11.The Blame Game)

Cheers,
s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Hi.

Be aware that the latest episode, The.Bridge.S01E12.Voices.Carry.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi
should be The Bridge.113.Chain of Fools.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

• 3 years later...

Request for synch/timing of existing addic7 'scene' subs to DVD rip.

Hi. Saw this thread is for the 2010 'The Bridge' (Canadian). I wasn't able to find all the 'scene' ****s for this series so I D/L'd a DVD rip. Trouble is all the subs available are for the 'scene' rips. So, although the txt is correct the sync and timing is all off.

Is it possible to have your subs here - http://www.addic7ed.com/show/746 - synched/timed to this DVD rip - https://the****.sx/****/6827932/The_Bridge_season_1_DVDRip_DEiMOS - ???

Would be much appreciated but I also realize there may not be the interest to justify the work. I'd do it myself but haven't a clue.

Best ...

EDIT : See below post ...

Ok! I found the missing 'scene' rips/episodes and I will see if the available subs match up - knowing of the confusion around the episode naming/number/ing.