The Borgias S03E02

wagbs

Well...I read the rules and it's been much more than 3 days since the 2nd episode is online.

I could find brazilian, croatian and even romanian subtitles, but no english.

Usually elderman is there to make our day, but something happened!

I know the date of release is 2013-04-21, but it's been around for many days already for whatever reason.

I actually would like only to know if anybody else noticed that and has some news for the fans!

Thanks a looooooooot!

• Like 1

...I could find brazilian, croatian and even romanian subtitles...

...I know the date of release is 2013-04-21, , but it's been around for many days already for whatever reason. I actually would like only to know if anybody else noticed that

With that "even Romanian...", you make it sound as if it was a dead language. With 22 million strong, I'd say Romanian is pretty much alive and well.

As far as your inquiry, it's kind of a downer reading whether we have *noticed* that a particular episode has "been around*.

We know who we are; We know what there is; We know how long it's been around.

Believe you me: We KNOW Borgias 3x02 was released the same day as 3x01.

We do not need anyone asking us if we are aware of that.

You should notice that the general guideline states in the very first sentence that  generally speaking, it is not necessary to request subs for episodes that Addic7ed is regularly providing for current TV shows.

Well, we regularly provide subs for this series. We have been doing that for three years now.

Although three days have past, it is of the most common of senses that we will eventually provide the corresponding subtitle.

We are but a few people trying our best to share what we do whenever we can.

We are under no obligation of providing any particular subtitle at any given specific time. We do not have a time line. In fact, time and again, we have stated that the subs "will be done when they are done."

We do subtitling because we love to.

But life happens. And for whatever reason the sub is not ready.

Tough.

Wait for it.

Or do what the Brazilians, the Croatians or *even* the Romanians did: Google translate the one of your choosing

and make your own sub. I suggest basing it on the PT-BR one. They're usually excellent at timing and sequencing.

Now, don't get me wrong, wagbs... We would love to provide all the subs to all the series of all the networks in the whole wide world.

But that is physically impossible.

Have a little patience.

And just to err on the safe side: Should the scene releases Borgias 3x03 this Sunday, don't bother to ask for its subs, please.

• Like 1

The chickens are revolting!

Hmmm, "even" Romanians are working to provide subtitles for whatever show (in Romanian or/and in English), but sometimes ignorance and rudeness and "even" stupidity are rewarded and more of that, are part of education of some "superior" people.
It is not for the first time when I read remarks like that one, I chose to ignore them, till now, but I'll not do that anymore.

Give respect, to receive respect.

doc

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi Alice, thanks for your reply.

In defense of Wagbs, I had the same question, especially since yesterday (/the Romanian sub). It's quite unusual that an episode's already available on the net, but hasn't 'aired' yet. I also wondered what effect this would have on the (English) sub. I didn't dare inquiring about this though, because I wouldn't want to rush and/or offend anyone ;-)

For ease of mind, I just assume that it will be available somewhere after the 'air date' (April 21st), as usually. If it's there earlier: yippiayeeh! 

Many thanks to all subber(s) working on the Borgias subtitles. Your efforts are very much appreciated and I humbly, though eagerly, await your next excellent piece of work ;-)

Hi Alice, thanks for your reply.

In defense of Wagbs, I had the same question, especially since yesterday (/the Romanian sub). It's quite unusual that an episode's already available on the net, but hasn't 'aired' yet. I also wondered what effect this would have on the (English) sub. 

Easy.

90% of all subtitles on addic7ed - it's CC from TV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_captioning. Noone do it by ear

• Like 1

Well...I think it is easier to misunderstand people and attack them back than anything else.

I didn't mean anything "evil" about romanians subtitles. I have no problems at all! Actually I think it is great to have subtitles in every language.

I am also not telling anyone "DO IT" or whatever. Simply I noticed that the subtitles didn't come in the usual time (quick) and maybe there would be an explanation. Maybe the person who makes the subtitles are sick or facing a problem in life or gave up making the subtitles for this series. An answer like "it will be delayed" or "it will come on xxxx date" is more than enough.

Besides that, I might have expressed myself in a bad way, but really didn't mean it!

I know it is a very hard job you guys do and you're not payed for it, which makes me more than thankful and in no right at all of charging anything.

But, would be nice to have a prediction of when the subtitles are coming, as I said before.

If it's not possible, well...nothing can be done. We have to wait.

It would be nicer if users won't be so impatient. If for "whatever reason" (your words) a particular video becomes available in anticipation of a scheduled date, trust me, we are not going to move the earth and turn our lives upside down pursing its subtitle. We would do it, would we feel like it. But I wouldn't recommend holding your breath. You are more that welcome to join our ranks and help, if you are that eager to have quality subs.

Your inquiry and further reply have somehow lost a bit during non-translation, and everyone is entitled to the benefit of the doubt at first.
But it seems we aren't that good in spreading the message. I'll try one last time:

We are not in the business of predicting anything.

The subs will be done when they are done.