French Translation Impossible Before English One ?!

zebeautiful

Hi !

Excuse me, I'm an addic7ed member for only few days (or weeks), so I'm not a spe****t.

That's why I really wonder why, for Lilyhammer new season, I've been told to wait the English completed translation (from Norvegian) before create the French one : http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/Lilyhammer/2/3/Episode_3

As actually I can't ask traditore in comments, I ask it here. If someone's got an answer...

Just one thing :

Lilyhammer is a Norvegian and english-spoken show. The original script is Norvegian, and the English translations forget the english-spoken parts. Then, we necessarily have to translate theses parts which only exist in the original script (in Norvegian), so no point to wait the English completed version unless prevent French from having subtitles before Chrismas (if that)...

I started translating this episode today, but a few hours later it's deleted... What's the point, seriously ?

Thanks!

That was an obvious oversight, zebeautiful.
Assuming that you were following our rules of translation, we see no reason to block the use of Norwegian as the base for your French version.
Please contact traditore through PM. You can access the option through "My Panel" / "Outbox"

Cheers.

The chickens are revolting!

@zebeautiful : I just saw your comment here http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/Lilyhammer/2/3/Episode_3 a few minutes ago (but not any PM ;)  )

Here's the comment I've posted in answer : yesterday I first explained in the comments why I was going to delete the French version: there was a bug when translating from Norwegian into French. There were only 7 sequences left instead of 367. Seems to be a bug, due to the English translation from Norvegian. Please, could you try again ? Thanks a lot.

I'd like to add that when I deleted the French translation, there were only 5 or 6 sequences translated, and the translation appeared more than 80% completed.

Cheers.

This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading.

No problem, I didn't know there's a private mailbox on addic7ed.com.

Yep, I had a similar bug for the first episode. That's why I uploaded my own version based on the norvegian script. No problem, just annoying.

So, I can try again ? Cool. And there was the 10 first sequences, that being so 3% !!!! haha joking.

@zebeautiful, just check your PM on Addic7ed, please.

Top of the page : My Panel

Then, on the left : Inbox.

Thx

This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading.

• 2 weeks later...