Luther?

arielonline

Hi.

"Mybe you know an british Subtitle-Forum?"

Yes - www.addic7ed.com.

Have a little patience - with over 200 TV shows currently airing each week, some subs take a little longer in the queue than others.

Just watch this page:
http://www.addic7ed.com/show/875.

It'll get there...

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

I agree - but you are more likely to find them on Addic7ed thean anywhere else.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

I, too, am waiting patiently for this one, hope DCI Luther has a long run. I am totally amazed at how quick the folks at Addic7ed are. A couple of days is not long to wait at all.

Thanks for the heads up SpyderSpyder.

damn, im from Serbia, and i can say that I speak perfect englush US, but, when it comes to brit accent, i cant understand the half shi* they talk about.

i cant watch this episode, because luther has to be comprehended, it is somewhat of an intelectual show, and i dont understand .. :(

same thing was with series - Paradox, and that was even worse - Manchester accent is the one that i cant understand even simple words, like - "im going home now", sounds like - "me ge** in hoe no**ue" :D

i hope someone will sub it soon.

Good morning.

"when it comes to brit accent, i cant understand the half shi* they talk about."

I sympathise (while regarding the idea of "perfect English, US" as oxymoronic).

As a Brit., and therefore a speaker of English, I have always had a great problem with the rubbish language of the second world which, unfortunately, also has the appellation, "English" - even though it bears but an apparent relation to the language of Shakespeare, Milton, Johnson... It is how I first started using subtitles, many years ago.

But I do understand the problems that are posed by regional accents.

(And amused by the added confusion introduced by subtitlers who seek to represent them: does it really help to write, say, "I bin hunt'n", when the scripted line is probably, "I've been hunting..." ?)

Meanwhile, I hope you get your subs soon - alternatively, I can tell you how the episode ends, if you would like.

Regards,
s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

[...]
I sympathise (while regarding the idea of "perfect English, US" as oxymoronic).

As a Brit., and therefore a speaker of English, [...]

OUCH, :D

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Lol, spyderspyder i didnt want to offend brits, i apologize, i even find them to be better actors, while US actors fall 3rd place behind canadians.

it's just the fact that US english, with acknowledged fact that originated from britain, sounds more fluent, than english, and that is something more similar to us Serbs.

for example: Spanish, spoken in Madrid, has no accent at all. plain words, spoken with no tongue and lips deviation. spanish, spoken in Latin America variates from accent to accent, and for us Serbs (we speak as it is written, letter by letter) it is harder to understand it.

oh, and when i say - we speak as it is written, i mean this:

in english, letter C in a word can be pronounced differently, take these 2 words:

Cow - you would use your mouth as you were spelling K, not C

prinCess - sounds as spelled, C

Hey, Luther, I wasn't offended!

As I said, I really do sympathise with anyone trying to follow the regional accents of the UK.

(I also didn't mention that I was born and raised in Manchester.)

I was merely having a dig at the language spoken in the USA, which they (and others) call English.

My linguistics professor used to say that we should consider ourselves fortunate that European linguistic traditions are rooted in literacy, and be tolerant of a people whose origins are in illiteracy. But it's hard to be understanding, not to mention forgiving, when the USian language is so influential in the world.

Cheers,
s.

United%20Kingdom.gif