[ONLY TOPIC] A Place to Call Home

arielonline

• Traditore locked this topic

Please, I need subtitles for A Place to call home... 04x01 and 04x 02. English, please. I beg you. Thank you so much.

Maybe you should consider buying glasses.

Use the search function before posting!

The A Place to Call Home topic is visible from the home page...

The network broadcasting this show doesn't provide captions, this means subs have to be transcribed from scratch.

It's a hell of a job. @KoalaNL tackled the task for half of season 3, maybe he/she is on it as we speak, maybe he/she isn't.

Still, he/she has no obligation to do anything, so you'll just have to wait and see.

[TOPIC MOVED]

• Like 3

So A place to call home season 4 is on air now, I hope that someone can make an english subtitle for it. We (all non native english speaker APTCH fans) appreciate it. Thank you very much:1290892341:

• Like 1

• emeline-whovian featured this topic

So A place to call home season 4 is on air now, I hope that someone can make an english subtitle for it. We (all non native english speaker APTCH fans) appreciate it. Thank you very much:1290892341:

​I am afreaid we have to wait for subtitles till this 4th season is on the BBC. So far nothing showed up. I would love to create some english subtitles, but I am not a native speaker, so it would be very difficult.

I got a message from the former owner of uksubtitles. He provided us with subtitles in the past too.
He says he has the subtitles for the episodes of season 4 so far.
First I was thrilled, but he wants 10 dollars per sub. Well that is a bit too much for me.:blink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a message from the former owner of uksubtitles. He provided us with subtitles in the past too.
He says he has the subtitles for the episodes of season 4 so far.
First I was thrilled, but he wants 10 dollars per sub. Well that is a bit too much for me.:blink2:

​The worst thing you can ever do is asking him for subtitles. He's always proven to be a douchebag, and once he himself said: "It's my job to be an a**hole."

So I'd suggest you not to contact him anymore. Just let him live his spoiled miserable life.

• Like 2

​The worst thing you can ever do is ask him for subtitles. He's always proven to be a douchebag, and once he himself said: "It's my job to be an a**hole."

So I'd suggest you not to contact him anymore. Just let him live his spoiled miserable life.

​I didn't contact him. He contacted me.

​I didn't contact him. He contacted me.

​Well, he's looking for baits clearly. We ask everyone not to reply him. He's not worth a single dime.

I just wonder how he manages to get those subs? I am pretty sure he is not making them himself, so how does he do it? With some sort of software?

​It requires a subscription to Foxtel and a bit of hardware installation. That's all.

Ok. So why isn't there somebody that can do this?

​Because the process of hardware installation isn't as simple as just plugging in some cables, it's more complicated.

​Because the process of hardware installation isn't as simple as just plugging in some cables, it's more complicated.

​Ok. I was just wondering, because I thought it only could be done manually, since the subs aren't there. But I understand now that there are other ways to do this. Thanks for clarifying that.