Request Subs For Sea Patrol Series 4

poster

I really enjoy this Australian TV show, found the subs for series 1 to 3, but series 4 is not available yet. I would be glad to help with timings, as long I have the script to work with...

Hi.
Subs for this and other good Aussie shows are rarely found - there are already threads on this subject.

Where did you find S03?
More importantly, when will you be posting them on Addic7ed?

s.

PS: I agree - Sea Patrol is well worth watching.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

Hi,

Ehmm, I found them on Subscene http://subscene.com/Sea-Patrol-Third-Season/subtitles-82173.aspx. They needed a bit of adjusting with timecodes, but were pretty good overall, I'd say. Unfortunately, I always delete both AVI and subs after watching it, so it's not on my computer anymore. I could download the subs again and upload to Addicted, but then the timecodes may be off a little....

The link didn't work, but I found them.

They're a DVDRip, which is why the sync would be off for the tv releases. It's a pity you deleted your adjusted files.

Post 'em up as DVDRips (in "Version") - it's better than nothing, and some kind soul might adjust them to the tv releases, giving the choice for users (it's been done before. :D )

Remember to put Subscene in the "Friend" box.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

That's good!

The quality of the writing and production of many Aussie shows is way higher than a lot of the US programmes, but are largely neglected as far as subs are concerned.

We have two or three Australian members, and if we could attract the attention of some down-under cappers we could have a real feast.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Hi,

So, in my quest for these subs, I noticed that one day ago, some kind soul Ripped the newly published DVD of Season 4 Sea Patrol with subtitles. I can now watch all episodes with subtitles, hurraaaaayyy!!

But I think others might want to benefit from this as well, so I thought I could upload the subs to Addicted. Not. They are sub files, not .srt. So I tried Googling how to convert sub to srt, but so far, have had no luck.

If anyone knows how to do this, please help (PS - I downloaded VobSub, but can't open this for some reason. Have been fiddling around all morning, whilst I should have been working. Back to work now, will see if someone can help with this....

Cheers

Note that the option is listed as "Subrip" for .srt.
So go: File/Save as/...Subrip

They'll also probably need synching to the TV version eps.

Meanwhile - where are they? (I'm half way through a subless S04, and it's hard work!)

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

When I try to open them in Subtitle Workshop, I get an error: The file is a bad subtitle or an unsupported format???

It only works when you have two Subtitle files in the directory of the AVI, one is a 'VobSub index file, v7' and the other one contains the subtitles, but cannot be opened in for example Notepad.

Does this make sense?

He probably means that the subtitles are in a .sub + .idx format
and needs to do the OCR to make the srt file.

And yes, the VobSub it's the app for that.

Use the "Subresync" app that comes with VobSub -> Save as.. srt

After doing the OCR, don't forget to store the OCR settings so you can use them
the next time you wanna convert some sub to srt that has the same font.
(Save as... VobSub OCR file *.vsocr)

And also, the resulting srt file will most likely need some text correcting,
I recommend Subtitle Edit or Subtitle Workshop for that.

Bye.

Hi Kerensky,

Yes, that is correct, I meant that OCR needed to be done. I've managed to do this part for the first epi now, still need to spell-check and possibly correct the .srt, but at least I know how to do this now! Thanks for the advice, I am hoping to get the subs for season 4 uploaded soon...

B.t.w. I'm a she :rolleyes:

"B.t.w. I'm a she :rolleyes:"

Unless we show otherwise, we're all "its". :lol:

You didn't say where you found them.

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

"B.t.w. I'm a she :rolleyes:"

Unless we show otherwise, we're all "its". :lol:

You didn't say where you found them.

s.

I found them here: http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=717006&hit=1

Thank you - any potential source of subs for Aussie shows is worth knowing about.

Cheers,
s.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Thank you - any potential source of subs for Aussie shows is worth knowing about.

Cheers,
s.

Agreed. As a resident of Australia, I will help in any way I can. The first epi of season four is now uploaded if you want to check it out. Whenever I have time, I will try and do another one.. (there's 16 in total)

I am also still on the look-out for subs for Rush and Rescue Special Ops, both can be watched online here in Oz, but no subtitles. I will probably have to wait again for someone to post the DVD-version...

Cheers,

Karin

Yay! Great!

OK, will do and report back.

s.

It's looking good! It doesn't sync. with the TV rip - how are you at synch'ing?

I can adjust them, but it will take me an awful long time - for the same reasons as I need the subs!
So we need someone gifted in synch'ing to perhaps help us out.... I can supply the video files... (Dropping hints here, people.)

s.

United%20Kingdom.gif