The Worst Witch (2017)

CuF

Season 3 of the current incarnation of 'The Worst Witch' premiered last week.

CREED is again the main release group for the show, but unlike the last series, there are no embedded subs.

Does anyone have a source for English subs for this program?

Thanks.  I'll check them out and see what's needed.

Edit: Raw subs seem to sync as-is to CREED release.  Thanks again.  I hope you can keep them coming.

Is there any reason the raws can't be posted on Addic7ed?  They seem to be good quality., but I haven't sat through a whole episode yet.

​As said in the FAQ:

D. Is there rules to follow regarding how subtitles should be?

Yes, there are. We don't accept raw subtitles on our site, which means that if subtitles have no corrections at all, we will delete them.
They must be:

- in capitalized case (names ought to be capitalized, no capitalization after commas or at the beginning of each new sequence...)

- they don't contain long lines. Try to split them in half if they go over 40 characters. It's easier to read and doable in a few seconds with softwares like Subtitle Workshop, Subtitle Edit, Aegisub… No need to split them in half if they're below 40 characters per line.

Example:

Sequence 1

In the meantime, we're trying to hold the regime in Khartoum

change it to:

Sequence 1

In the meantime, we're trying
to hold the regime in Khartoum

- no super long sequences. If sequences go over 70 characters, find a way to resync them. The longer they are, the harder it is to read.
And if you have dialogues that are very unequal, find a way to adjust them. Don't put a speaker with just one word, and the second speaker with a 50 character-sentence. It's common sense.

- no more than 2 lines per sequence for non dialogue lines. Same as above, split them so it's modified to 2 lines per sequence:

Example:

Sequence 1

In the meantime,
we're trying to hold the regime
in Khartoum

change it to:

Sequence 1

In the meantime, we're trying
to hold the regime in Khartoum

- no 3 speakers per sequence. ONLY two maximum.

- no dash on a line that isn't a dialogue. Example of what NOT to do:

In order to tick the box  "corrected" for your subtitles, in addition to the above specificities, it must contain all the dialogue dashes as well. One dash per line! If it doesn't fit, then your lines are too long.

Example:

- Text A

- Text B

You can resync our subtitles to fit other versions. However, never modify them, alter them (unless there's text errors, missing dashes...). Keep the credits intact. You can add a line for your resync credit. In the comments box of your upload, you can add a line to indicate you resynced it from X version. When uploading them, keep the same properties. If they're corrected/HD/HI, tick the appropriate boxes. See explanation below for the icons.

Colored subtitles are allowed ONLY if you provide a non-colored version. They must be named "VERSION.Colored" to be differentiated.

BBC's raw captions hardly ever meet these requirements. So they'd at least need a little work to be worth uploading, even as "non-corrected" ones.

Gotcha.  While I haven't run a spell check, Subtitle Workshop tells me there are no instances of lines over 40 characters, or more than two lines.  Barring some errors, capitalization looks to be correct as well already.

I suppose there could be 3 speakers on two lines, and I'd have to check that. Also I see some strange tags that would need to be deleted.  (What is <c:#e>?).

It should take minimal work to get these up to snuff.  If you don't plan on it, I'll put some time in when I get a chance.

That show is not on our schedue, so you can work on them and upload them on Addic7ed afterwards if you wish.

The only tags I see are the color tags (e.g.: <font color="lime">), but I don't see any <c:#e> (which is also used for color tags). But I suppose it could just be displayed differently due to a different version of the software.

They should be pretty quick to remove using "search & replace".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminder to @kinglouisxx.

Just in case. Thanks in advance. :)

​Unfortunately the BBC is giving us a hard time right now. But we'll post them whenever we have the chance.

In the meantime, if anyone with a workaround is able to grab them first, feel free to share them here.

​Unfortunately the BBC is giving us a hard time right now. But we'll post them whenever we have the chance.

In the meantime, if anyone with a workaround is able to grab them first, feel free to share them here.

​Thanks for the information. We'll wait patiently.