Sub-Talk.net - TV shows community
sharkiller

Dark Theme for Addic7ed.com for Stylus extension

alex28

Thanks! That looks great!

Actually, it looks so great I've featured this post on Addic7ed, as a news item. Check it out! 

• Like 3

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Costa Dax

I also need to add that dark themes and dark modes consume less energy, so they're much better for the battery of your device and for the environment. Therefore, if you are environmentally conscious and you are given a choice, always choose a dark theme. ;)

• Like 2

anissaka

Thanks @sharkiller :)  It's nice to change, sometimes.

I've downloaded the Stylus extension in the Chrome webstore but of course, being me, I don't know how to use it! :1290892329:

If anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful...

kinglouisxx

Thanks @sharkiller :)  It's nice to change, sometimes.

I've downloaded the Stylus extension in the Chrome webstore but of course, being me, I don't know how to use it! :1290892329:

If anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful...

Salut, @anissaka.

You just need to click here again once Stylish is installed:

• Like 3

dc2257

Salut, @anissaka.

You just need to click here again once Stylish is installed:

​I'm sorry. I've got the extension, but I don't know how to make it work. Click WHERE? It just brings up this screenshot:

dta7.thumb.png.2a8d9276031fbd806bd3595a0

Also, does anyone know if it is a big deal to allow access to your data in order to get this add-on?

kinglouisxx

Hi, @dc2257

Yes, because that's just a screenshot of the page where you need to click on the button ;) 

You'll find the link in @sharkiller's post.

Hi I made a Dark theme for Addic7ed.com that fix also a few alignment of images and lines.

Is made for Stylus extension on chrome or firefox:

https://userstyles.org/styles/176282/dark-addic7ed

• Like 4

volverine73

Thanx.
A couple of things though: the font is way bigger and thicker than the original one, and the colour of the font does not indicate that the link was opened before (as in Chrome the font of the link from regular blue turns dark red if it was already opened)

• Like 1

sharkiller

Thanks! That looks great!

Actually, it looks so great I've featured this post on Addic7ed, as a news item. Check it out! 

​thanks you! I always do this kind of changes because white hurt my eyes and think it could be useful for others.

is a bit tricky to change styles on some specific parts of the site because there are very few classes. but I thinks the outcome looks kinda ok.

bird

Hello all,

I seem to have noticed that, when a different style is ON, the editions and corrections of a translation aren't always properly displayed anymore. I don't know if it's general or just me, and if it has any impact on the final (dowloaded) subtitles, but I think you should be aware of the possibility (especially the translators out there) before you correct anything : switch the stylish mode OFF to check first if by any chance it hasn't been already corrected!

hardfloor38

You rock sharkiller! Thanks! I like this dark style ;) 

• Like 1

sharkiller

Hello all,

I seem to have noticed that, when a different style is ON, the editions and corrections of a translation aren't always properly displayed anymore. I don't know if it's general or just me, and if it has any impact on the final (dowloaded) subtitles, but I think you should be aware of the possibility (especially the translators out there) before you correct anything : switch the stylish mode OFF to check first if by any chance it hasn't been already corrected!

​never tested the subtitle editions with this. so i made a few changes to fix a few things while editing subtitles like font size changes, widths, etc. tell me if fixes the problems or there are any bug.

aBzrbPV.png

• Like 3

bird

Yep, it seems to be fixed. And the (dark green vs grey) colors makes it easier to see what's been already changed. On one instance the changes didn't display at first (or rather, the subtitle was all on the same line instead of two), but they did when I clicked it. And after having disabled and reinabled the dark theme, they all seem to show properly. Thank you so much. I will tell if I notice bugs as I get to use it in the long run :)

• Like 1

MxMorganM

Super neat, many thanks. 

The cyber security in me just would like to ask if anyone has run a security test? 

Thanks!