Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Whether it's a form letter or what, I don't know but they deny their users are stealing subs. Part of it reads: "Just use the search box in Subtitulos.es with the name of that website that is now triying to harm our community and you will see hundreds of results with their subtitles properly credit."

I'm part of the Spanish translation team, and trust me, we certainly know that they're copying our translations "on the fly" and removing our credits. Also, some of them keep saying that some of the subs that the spanish team translates offline and upload at the same time than the english ones are not ours.

He doesn't want to understand that we're not trying to harm his community, we only want to work as we did it in his site, and we only ask him to avoid that his users keep stealing our work.

I'm really sorry for all the inconveniences that all this mess is causing, mainly to the HI people either waiting for english or spanish subs, but think that we're working to help you, and we don't earn any money for this work (and in the spanish translations we don't credit to any nickname in particular, the credits are Translation and Sync by addic7ed), and it's very frustrating to see how some people takes advantage of our effort, and when you point that to them, their reply is: you're a liar and you only want to hurt me. No Sir, I don't want to hurt you, I want you to teach your users than stealing someone's work is a bad thing, and that Internet is wide enough to all, but if you earn money because of my work I want you to at least, say "thank you".

Hi,

I sent an email in Spanish to the administrator of the webpage asking them to stop stealing your subtitles because if not, we won't be able to keep on having them on your site. this is what they replied:

De: Información Subtitulos.es[mailto:info@subtitulos.es]
Enviado el: Jueves, 18 de Noviembre de 2010 10:29 a.m.
Para: *

Asunto: Re: addic7ed

Hello,

We're working on an official statement about this situation.

But we can assure you one thing: NOBODY HERE STEAL SUBTITLES NOR TAKINGOTHER PEOPLE CREDIT.

Just use the search box in Subtitulos.es with the name of that website that is nowtriying to harm our community and you will see hundreds of results with theirsubtitles properly credit.

I understand that you're angry because you think english subtitles won't seethe light anymore and that you are fighting for justice, but you shouldn'ttrust anybody words without checking yourself that information.

For english subtitles you can as always go to the chinese website YYets.net

Sorry about our english as we are spanish.

Regards,

Subtitulos.es Team

*-*-*- El 18 de noviembre de 2010 17:26, * escribió:

Porfavor respondan a los mensajes de los administradores de addic7ed y dejen derobar sus subtítulos.

Porculpa de ustedes ya no podemos obtener más subtítulos de ellos.

Gracias

Oh no. This is not good. Not good at all :S

As a non-native English speaker, I visit Addi7ed daily to get subtitle for my favourite series. I literally become addicted to this site. And now you're making me go cold turkey :P

Oh well, I'll post an email or two for them now.
I just don't know if it will be any good, if the admin is as bad as you said... I'm not even sure if the email will be read or will be immediately deleted.

Hopefully you guys will reconsider resuming making subs... or else I'll be forced to actually brush up my listening skills :D

Thanks anyway, and good luck with the ongoing war.

Team addic7ed! lol...

Ok. I emailed him again and got a non cut and paste reply. I used the sub Honeybunny mentioned in this thread for Criminal minds. His reply appears to show they want to just deny there is any issue. :(

I don't like to cut and paste emails I receive but he said it was just one subtitle uploaded today and one subtitle can't justify any reaction on his part.

I'm still hoping he will understand that you at addic7ed would simply like him to post something on his site instructing his users to leave the credits in place in subtitle files they upload or they might be removed. Am I correct in this belief?

I`m very saddened by this , and though i see your point and sent the e-mail to this awful person ...i would still like to plea to you that you would you continue your work for us the users ...some of us searched for you for a long time, and yearned for this site but until we found you it was hard and horrible.

We ...the users ..are asking you to go on please .

The whole point of this post was : Please , don't go (and I wouldn't say that nor even to a boyfriend , that's how much and how highly your users think of you )

• Like 1

it's not just about removing credits. It started this way and I posted this issue on their forum. I asked how will he treat this problem. He chose to delete my post and ban me 2 minutes after. This caused my decision. His arrogance and his way of never solving any issue. A couple of days ago I posted in another thread where one of their users accused us of stealing. Check the attached image. The thread disappeared 2 minutes after my posting.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I`m very saddened by this , and though i see your point and sent the e-mail to this awful person ...i would still like to plea to you that you would you continue your work for us the users ...some of us searched for you for a long time, and yearned for this site but until we found you it was hard and horrible.

We ...the users ..are asking you to go on please .

The whole point of this post was : Please , don't go (and I wouldn't say that nor even to a boyfriend , that's how much and how highly your users think of you )

we won`t leave or stop. This is just a strike.. a protest.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Thank you. Hopefully it will do some good or get the message across. I just read Honeybunny's latest post and I'm not sure now I understand exactly what you at addic7ed are looking to accomplish? I assumed it was about just leaving credit in tact which seemed like a perfectly legitimate and sensible thing to me.

I think with doing anything like this you have to wonder why you do it at all sometimes. Believe me, you have the appreciation of a lot of people though it's not always noticed.

I'd never even heard of that other site before today. I do know of a couple of others and they both post subs from addic7ed as well but leave the credits in tact as far as I can tell. It's not nearly as timely as getting them right here.

It is someone who realy think that guy will ever say "Oh, I'm sorry, I will never do that !" ?

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

This is sad news.
With this action the only people to suffer are the users.
Personally I don't care who creates them, but it's much appreciated that someone does.
People steel movies and music all the time, but this does not stop the industry from making new music and films.

Now one website is steeling the SRT's by removing the credits. Should this event stop this great site from existing?

• Like 1

addic7ed :wub:

I dont care about subtitulos.es, I dont want to know them,I dont want to hear about them. Up until today I didnt even Know they existed.

But, for example, if my neighbour steals cable by conecting to mine I wouldnt punish My Family and cut the cable subscription... there must be another way of dealing with this. Mihai from Brasov.

addic7ed :wub:

I dont care about subtitulos.es, I dont want to know them,I dont want to hear about them. Up until today I didnt even Know they existed.

But, for example, if my neighbour steals cable by conecting to mine I wouldnt punish My Family and cut the cable subscription... there must be another way of dealing with this. Mihai from Brasov.

you don't work for the internet connection actively.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

This is sad news.
With this action the only people to suffer are the users.
Personally I don't care who creates them, but it's much appreciated that someone does.
People steel movies and music all the time, but this does not stop the industry from making new music and films.

Now one website is steeling the SRT's by removing the credits. Should this event stop this great site from existing?

No one steals credit from pirated music and movies. Directors, musicians, artists still gain respect for their work, even though we we may steal their money.
  • Like 2

would you carry on doing the subtitles tho? just not uploaded. Because if this drags on for a week or even a month and you decide to do nothing in the meanwhile, then when this strike finishes, you would have a massive load of work to do.

I'm sad of course because I do require subtitles to watch tv shows, but I do understand this strike because its not nice to steal others' work then remove the credits. I just wish this get resolved very soon.

Im sorry to read this new. I am not a user of subtitulos.es, i never liked the way they work (one of the reason is their translated subtitles are awful, just neutral spanish, not spanish from Spain and with lots of errors and missing lines), and they are having troubles not only with addicted, but with other sites as well. One thing, the site is spanish but the 80% of the admins are not spanish (spanish talkers but not spanish.. i mean).

Thanks to Honeybunny and all the staff. I read n17t01's post with most interest as I have noticed and used several of the subs he does for US. I totally understand your decision HB. Hope that the situation works out to your satisfaction quickly. Appreciate all you do.

That said beginning this morning (again, if you remember a while ago google made it harder to log on due to malicious software) the malicious software is back in force. Popups directing us away from your site and the only way to close is to shut the computer off. That is scary. After reading this thread I wonder if it is not an attack on the site again.

Wish that we could all just get along but from the sounds of things their admin is a putz (to keep my post polite).

Will continue to check in here and on the site and hope that it is resolved. Will send emails from several accounts!!!

Thanks again.

I just sent the following email to them:

"As someone who is deaf, I've come to rely on subtitles to watch some of my favorite TV shows. Now addic7ed.com has announced they will no longer release subs due to users on your site stealing their subs and removing all credit for them. Then passing them off as their own. Users stealing their work is going to end up hurting us all, especially those of us who can't hear to watch TV without subtitles.

I'm not casting blame to you. I would simply encourage you to please email addic7ed.com and try to come to some understanding with them in order to keep sub releases coming.

Thank you"

I hope I covered what's at issue here?
I did get an immediate reply. Whether it's a form letter or what, I don't know but they deny their users are stealing subs. Part of it reads: "Just use the search box in Subtitulos.es with the name of that website that is now triying to harm our community and you will see hundreds of results with their subtitles properly credit."

It does on to say I shouldn't trust anyone's words without checking the information for myself.

I guess I really don't understand all the issues at work here. I just hope this can be sorted out. It will be a real shame if addic7ed.com goes away.

I sent an email as well and got the same copy-and-pasted reply posted in this thread. I am saddened by addic7ed's strike. But I support whatever action honey bunny and other admins take so that they can get due credit for their hard work.

I sincerely hope that some negotiation and compromise can be achieved to avoid further conflicts. Most of all, I hope that this downtime will not adversely affect hearing-impaired users indefinitely (like myself). I enjoy addic7ed's community where we can share requests, donate, and give feedback to make addic7ed even better, and it would be a shame to see all the community and hard work dissipate.

I am not sure how to prevent conflicts in the future as I am a tech newbie. Would encryption, pass-phrases, or a login system prevent this issue from recurring?