Subtitle Edit (open source subtitle editor)

Nikse

15 hours ago, bird said:

Hi,

can anyone tell me if there's a (quick) way to remove colours other than by hand line by line?

Simplest and quickest using Subtitle Edit - select all the text, right click on the selection > Remove formatting. Or you can choose to just remove colour.

However, if you want to retain the dialogue indications - use the plugin "Change different colors to dialogs" (as mentioned by forgetit).

• Like 1

I didn't even know we could add plugins..! It seems it put me some dialog dashes where there weren't any, though. Batch convert worked well, I had to review the whole subs anyway, but it saves time. Indeed the best way for me seems to be the easiest - selecting and removing. Why didn't I think of it?! Thanks guys for all your helpful input!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, SubtitleEdit suddently ceased to work. Which way ever I try to open it, it shows an error message (which I have no way of copy-paste).  It's half in French... Application error. Erreur de données (contrôle de redondance cyclique). Tried to rebbot comp, to deistal and install the latest version - no luck.

I was working on something - maybe the file has been corrupted somehow on its own? What to do??? Quelqu'un sait ?

😑

EDIT: it seems to be only the one file that doesn't work. Still, I have spent rather a lot of time on it, so it there was a way to 'save' it...

Hi, KL. I don't get what I did to this file, but every time I try to look at it or move it or something the window or programme becomes very slow ("ne répond pas"). Also, SE is set to open all .srt files, but this one doesn't look like it.

I'll try to attach it. Don't know if it'll work, though.

EDIT: Nope. Error code 200. (file is not supported?)

• 2 months later...

Hello
Any chance to give some custom styling to font color, font shadow style, opaque box opacity, etc. for burned-in subtitles? Anyone has an idea about that being possible?
Thanks!

Edited by Aahz

15 hours ago, chamallow said:

@AahzContact Nikse directly on his Subtitle Edit website ;)

nice idea

13 hours ago, forgetit said:

My guess is that you can only change those attributes while "burning in" those subs. SubtitleEdit only edits text based subtitles.

prior to burning settings are very limited

• 6 months later...

Realy dumb question, so sorrry in advance. How do I save just the text, without timestmaps at all? Is there  such an option? 

il y a 56 minutes, lordjek a dit :

How do I save just the text, without timestmaps at all? Is there  such an option? 

In Subtitle Edit, open your .srt file, go to the File menu (top left) then >Export -> choose "Plain text"

If you let the default settings, you'll get a .txt file without the timings 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mielb said:

In Subtitle Edit, open your .srt file, go to the File menu (top left) then >Export -> choose "Plain text"

If you let the default settings, you'll get a .txt file without the timings 😉

Wow, thank you so very much!!!!