Getting 403 When Connection To Addic7Ed.com

alex28

* In order to clarify some of your questions...
* Addic7ed being down is not (no, really, it`s not!) an April Fools Day.

* We have nothing in common with TVSubtitles (except they get all our subs.. but that's another story).
I decided to shut down the website because, as you noticed lately the browsing quality decreased.
Few were able to browse and even fewer were able to download. There was a vast majority that couldn't access the website due to big loading times or different errors.
You may say waiting to load is better than nothing... but it's not (imo at least). We grew in both page views and content (for those that really want to know technical details out database became too large and well, the code is a mess... you know where that leads to ).
The solution i'm working on proves to be way faster (and well, resource friendly). It is just a temporary solution in order to get the website up and running fast.

For those that said about us lying regarding this matter (and other hate mail / messages i got) my advice is to go look for your subs in another place.
In the end we do this for fun and for the people that care about us.
Think this will clear most of the things.
There is no coming back date but it may take a while (don't expect we'll be back tomorrow, but we won't be back in May either).
Not much to say, i'll keep you updated when important things happen.

Oh, and big thanks to all your happy thoughts, hang in there addic7s!

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alex28

• DrJackson

• Legend

• wiggumdk

Like I said before, if you need some technical assistance, I may be able to help, I'm not much of an expert, but I've built a few websites.
Also, have you thought about making a temporary website (just for new releases) if the downtime is going to be long?

Got that suggestion before... but no, not really. I started working on the version we'll use in February.. but due to some IRL problems i had to abandon the project for a while... so half of it it's already done.

Take your time, who know what is all about, will have patience till addic7ed will be back "on line" :D.
Anyway, if you need some help, just ask and i'm sure you will get it.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi,

I have been a visitor of the site for only a short period of time but I felt that I had to let you know that the work you do for the subtitles is outstanding. I am hearing impaired so I cannot watch the TV without subtitles. I love that the subtitles are available so quickly and I really cannot thank you enough for improving my TV experience.

I really hope you are back up soon, I can understand it might take a while but if it was not for your website and the people who submitted subtitles I would be very stuck and would not be able to watch TV.

Thank you for the service you provide, the subtitles your members send in and I wish you the best of luck for the future. I know I would be more than happy to donate to the cause :)

Again, My biggest thanks for the English Hearing Impaired Subtitles :)

The solution i'm working on proves to be way faster (and well, resource friendly). It is just a temporary solution in order to get the website up and running fast.

You might want to watch your Tech Support guy, though --- I'm pretty sure he's just pretending to work. Take a closer look at the computer he's supposed to be servicing --- it looks pretty empty to me. Seems he's not half as smart as he thinks he is.

I don't know your architecture, but there are some relatively easy things you could do to ease the load on the server(s):

1. Use a PHP accelerator like XCache and gain >100% in processing power
2. Serve the static files through lighttpd or similar
3. Check the MySQL slow query log and benchmark common queries

Well as a fan and supporter of Addic7ed, you know I'll be hanging around waiting patiently until you get the site back up and running. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Sad news. Loved your site and awfull to learn that it will be down for a considerable amount of time.

I wish you the best of luck and thanks for all the great subtitles this community gave me.

Don't get me wrong honneybunny, I know you're doning all you can to get back as soon as possible.

I may have misread the initial post by Alex and I apologize if my post was poorly phrased. Look forward to this site going open again.

Just came up with a theory about what happen with addic7ed.com .

Here it goes:

The United States of America did not like what they saw. They have repetitively seen more internet users using the site www.addic7ed.com that www.usa.gov , and they decided to attack addic7ed's server to make sure that would not happen. That's why we had troubles using the site before it went down for good.
You may wonder who completed the job... That's a very good question.
Well, the Russians were already watching addic7ed and the USA. When they saw the USA attacking addic7ed's server, this happen: Obama+Meets+Russian+Foreign+Minister+Whi
I know. I was shocked too. THE USA AND THE RUSSIANS ALLIED TO TAKE DOWN ADDIC7ED! Unbelievable!
But form the shadows of the night, raised rabbit-shopped-or-not.jpg For those who don't know who those are, those are alex28 and honneybunny. You might see how muscular HB is. Do you believe that the USA and Russia has a chance. Nope. 0 chances to victory. Addic7ed will rise back! I can tell that! It's just a matter of time.

PS: I hope this will not offend anyone. I was just bored. This is just fiction! Please do not hold this against me ever! :D

It's like the world of tv shows stopped or something, my cousin came to me today and was going crazy about how addi7ed has been down for a couple of days, he said, how the hell am I supposed to watch tv shows without subtitles??? lol I forced him to start watching them without subtitles till addic7ed is back !!

True story :P

Life? What life? I have no life ..

buganimated.gif

It's like the world of tv shows stopped or something, my cousin came to me today and was going crazy about how addi7ed has been down for a couple of days, he said, how the hell am I supposed to watch tv shows without subtitles??? lol I forced him to start watching them without subtitles till addic7ed is back !!

True story :P

you could have send him to subscene.. i know you use subscene more than addic7ed... yeah i remember!