How To Download Subtitles Into Ios (Ipad, Iphone) Device?

jdarias

I´m having a hard time figuring out how to download subtities on my ipad from addic7ed. In safari i can get to see the source, but it is quite impossible to select all the sub to copy/paste it into a text editor. That is also cumbersome.

The so-called total/awesome/ultra/all downloader apps don´t work. Even "Documents". Does anybody know how to get them?

Can you tell me more what you're trying to achieve?

If you want to read .srt files with your iPad, and edit it like a text file, know that iOS doesn't take .srt in charge. No text editor app will be able to read it, to my knowledge. You'll have to do it on your desktop computer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What I am trying to do is dowload a srt file to use it with oplayer (which can display subtitles). On the ipad, they cannot be downloaded the same way one does in a desktop. Instead of downloading the file, safari displays the content of the srt, and there's no option to save this.

The solution I found is to use multi-download in addicted. I select the subtitle i am interested in, and hit the multidownload button. This sends the subtitle compressed as a zip file, which can be unzipped by many free apps.